Throwing the plants out to give them a chance.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sixten, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Whats up grasscity? So here's the deal. I had two plants growing in a closet grow. One Caramelo one Afghan kush. They have been vegging for about a month and are about a foot tall and super bushy from the scrog method I was using.

Now for the interesting part of this story. Long story short I was forced to get rid of them. But I figured what the hell. I'd toss them outside and see if they made it. So I dug two holes, both about 2' wide and 2' deep. Threw in some homemade soil I've been using, and put em in the dirt.

Its been rainy and overcast here lately but I didn't have a choice. I was due to water anyways so maybe that will help keep them from drowning.

Basically I'm just trying to get something out of a bad situation. I'm sure they will start flowering soon now. The temps have been pretty high here lately but they are in a location where they will get plenty of sun. I'm hoping I can water at least once a week.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. If they make it through the transplant you're gonna wonder why you didn't let mother nature work her wonders to begin with!! Make sure to keep up with pests though, definitely a major downfall of outdoor grows.

Happy growing!

3. I hope your Plants survive, glad to hear you were able to save them from the compost heap when you had to get rid of them.

I think they should make it, as long as they get some water and a good amount of sun they will probably flower soon, and you might even get more outdoors than if you flower indoors haha, good luck man.

4. Thanks guys. And yeah if I'm going to do it I'm going to shoot for big gains to make the most of it. That's why even with such little time to prepare I went ahead and dug a decent size hole for both of them. (in the pouring rain!). So at least two things are for sure, there will be plenty of room for the roots to grow (they were only in 2 gal pots) and they will be watered in for sure! Can't wait for the sun to come out and LIGHT EM UP!

5. #5 sixten, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012
    Tell ya what. I'm going to set up a photobucket account and try and get some pics up. If these things take off. Then I'll make this a sort of journal for people to see just how much these plants can take. I have really screwed them over a few times throughout this grow.

Also. Since the C-Melo was feminized I'm probably going to end up with a hermie. But i dont care really. I'm not above smoking seedy weed!

6. Afghan Kush up front. Caramelo in the back

ForumRunner_20120715_092931.png

This pic was from about a week ago.

7. ForumRunner_20120715_164241.png

ForumRunner_20120715_164257.png

ForumRunner_20120715_164311.png

This is the afghan kush. It won't receive direct sunlight all day but oh well it was where it blended the best.

8. ForumRunner_20120715_170408.png

ForumRunner_20120715_170416.png

ForumRunner_20120715_170432.png

And here's the Caramelo. She's out in the field getting full sunlight and already she looks better than ever. These plants have been through hell indoors anyways so maybe this was best for them both.

9. Bump for advice or opinions?

10. Using any nutrients?

11. Kind of like a water only mix man. Well when they were indoors i was using blood meal,miracle grow,perlite,walmart brand organic soil,manure, and miracle grow seed starting mix. Oh plus the local topsoil which is sort of like a sandy loam, pretty rich stuff.

And that's basically what they got transplanted with into the ground. Lol. Im doomed to local stuff man and it a small town. Im thinking about buying some walmart brand flowering liquid nutrients now that they are outside and most likely about to flower... Still trying to see how long i need to go between watering.

12. Whats your outdoor weather like. Temps and humidity?

13. [quote name='"bayoublaster"']Whats your outdoor weather like. Temps and humidity?[/quote]

Temps have been in the 90s here lately but ts been raining too. They have been outside about a week and the last two days are the first they have gotten great full sun all day. Humidity has been in the 80-90 range also.

Not really sure what im going to do about mold once it starts getting bud on it. But im researching that too.

Stay tuned ill have some pics up this evening.

14. I guess make sure they have adequate air flow im not sure thos is my first grow down in la so im just trying to learn a lil sumthin

15. It seems there are some other chemical ways for mold prevention. Both my plants are in open area facing a northern opening in the trees. Hoping mother nature will have my back on this one.

16. ForumRunner_20120719_101627.png

ForumRunner_20120719_101634.png

ForumRunner_20120719_101641.png
    Caramelo

These were taken yesterday evening. Still looking good with some new growth. Check out the three top stems from where i topped it.
    Afghan Kush

ForumRunner_20120719_101634.png

ForumRunner_20120719_101836.png

Looks like its doing okay. But it doesn't seem to be thriving like c-melo. Could be because it gets about 2 hours less sunlight a day also...

Attached Files:

17. Looks great, if it's hermi I want some seeds! Lol

18. What type of nutes are you using? Pick up some ewc and jamaican guano for big buds. Dyno gro protekt is great for a root drench every watering. strenthen the stems and adds potassium for root stimulation etc.