Throat pain and swelling from weed?

Discussion in 'General' started by danmanmanmanman..., Sep 7, 2013.

1. So I have been smoking weed daily for the past 3 months but which is more than i used to. But this last week i have been having throat pain. It only comes on about 20-30 minutes after i smoke weed and lasts the rest of the day. It feels like my throat is swollen on the upper left side and hurts when I gulp and there is a constant heavy pressure in that area even when I don't gulp.What do you think it is? I have a feeling its the weed because it only starts up after smoking it. Have i become allergic to weed? Whats going on? its kind of scary...

2. It's probably a throat infection from smoke try vaping it or eating edibles if it still happens then your allergic.

3. Okay thanks, but if it was allergies towards the weed, then do you think it was just this strain or probably all weed in general?

4. funny I used to have the same problem. I used to smoke and my throat would be so sore after it would almost blow my high. It just went away after a while. Try drinking something cold or hot while smoking

5. You could be getting a flu/strep/cold/sinus infection/whatever. Or smoking could be causing it. I mean you are inhaling a foreign object that happens to be heated plant matter  :confused_2:

6. Well those guys pretty much nailed it. It's either you're getting sick or it's the actual smoke itself causing it. What kind of piece are you using? I know if i use just dry pieces it will do the same to me. Even if i took wayyy to big of bong hits the sting would stick around for a few hours. Try taking smaller slower hits and drinking something inbetween.

7. try a vape with weed, it can be less harsh. some raw honey taken with weed can soothe the throat too.