Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throat hurts like a bitch after smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by metalp, May 5, 2011.

1. It's not immediately after taking a hit, more 10-20 minutes after. I get a hot pain in my throat, food/water doesn't help.

How the hell do I prevent this, it's annoying.

2. drink some ice cold liquid. try not to take such big rips.

3. What are you using to smoke?

4. This happens to me sometimes. Kind of randomly. I would just clear my throat shortly after a sesh or rip and right after, it starts burning and tingling. A cool drink definitely helps, even though it doesn't clear it up. It's annoying man haha I've just gotten used to it.

5. Buckley's. i used it when i had a sore throat. it actually works. atleast when your sick.

6. Make edibles.

7. Yeah bro i hate when that happens and the fckn muscle spasms certainly don't help.

But try to take smaller hits esp if the weed is harsh cause shit weed isn't cured properly and can be harsh as fuck. Also, when inhaling take a deep breath to your nose to further push the smoke into your lungs.

Try your best not to hold in smoke in ur throat which can happen if ur takeing massive hits. After each hit, if u feel u got some smoke inside, try coughing to get it out and drink some water afterwards.

hope that helped

8. #8 SplitGenetics, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well id start with taking much smaller hits, just take small hits and I know cold, kinda thick drinks help, like a smoothie. lol grab a strawberry banana smoothie from mcds & then go home & smoke, see if that helps at all.

9. #9 SplitGenetics, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Edibles are tooooo amazing! lol just saying ;)

10. eat a spoon full of honey after tokin, drink some cold water and never cough when you have smoke in your lungs

all will help your throat

11. Taking smaller hits will help. Not torching your bowl and taking really long slow drags instead of really fast and hard hits will help that. I'm not sure if this is a factor but you may be holding smoke in your throat after a hit which can be prevented with a big inhale of fresh air as soon as you're done hitting. Also maybe try using a bong/bubbler or maybe even a vaporizer.

As for relieving it, I'd get some really strong mint gum or any mint flavored stuff, chew it up, and then hold it on your tongue and inhale. The mint gives a nice cooling sensation.

12. Sounds like your smoking some nasty, uncured, or un flushed bud.

I don't ever really get the feeling you describe..

13. I've found drinking a glass of cold milk and sipping on honey hella helps.

14. OP is 7 years old.

15. It's the reason I came to this site. Other people might come here looking for recent suggestions. IDK.

16. You joined GC to bump 7 year old posts??