Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throat feels like its closing when I'm high.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by our, Jun 18, 2017.

1. I feel like this is just an anxiety attack because it goes away after I stop thinking about it after a while. I'm pretty new to smoking, just have a dab pen and when I'm high my throat feels like it swelled and its harder to breathe and swallow. Another possible cause I had in mind was my cottonmouth because my mouth is dry as fuck after I smoke. Any way to get rid of this or stop it from happening because I'm pretty sure its not an allergic reaction.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The best way to fight cottonmouth is to have plenty of water on hand while smoking. Every few hits take a drink of water, do not worry this will not prevent you from becoming high or anything like that, it just prevents cottonmouth. Could also be that your throat is sensitive to smoke, have you ever smoked cigarettes before and felt something like this as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. No, I'm pretty new to smoking anything in general. I've smoked like 2 cigarettes in my life and never experienced this.

4. You said it...common symptom called cotton mouth. If you think about the combustion of herb you are returning the bud back to its natural state of free energy and plant sugars. Somewhere in that process of cellular respiration water was needed and used because calories are actively being burned. The brain is a muscle so you gotta flex what you know!