Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throat Closing Up After Bong Hit?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BuddhistBrian, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Hey guys so I've been smoking weed heavily for about 6 years now. I'm only 19 years old. Last week I took four bong hits and on the last hit, my throat had the sensation that it was closing up. It felt like there was a solid in the way back of my tongue and I couldn't get it out. I also felt either my breathing tube or food tube opening and closing. It was some real creepy shit and persisted for a solid 30 minutes. I took two days off and then continued smoking and it was no problem. Last night I took one rip, then one bigger one. After the bigger one I felt the same sensation in my throat again but for like ten minutes. I'm very worried about smoking weed again and don't think it's worth smoking if I'm going to have that weird sensation. These were from two different bags of weed I had so I don't think it could be an allergy to something. Has anyone ever felt this before? Should I tell my doctor? 

Also, I have been coughing up loogies with lots of little black spots in them. I do not smoke tobacco regularly and not much at all (few cigarettes a year very spaced out). Is this normal? 

2. no idea could be the start of asthma though, anyone in your family have breathing problems? do you work out or no? 

i've never experienced this before but also maybe it was the bud, maybe you were smokin some poop bud or maybe it was stronger than your used to. 

Well I was adopted so I don't have a family history. I'm fairly fit and used to work out but lately I've been having some weird joint issues that prevent me from lifting. 

I also don't think it was the bud. This happened from two different bags from two different dealers. These weeds have not gotten any better or worse for a while. My tolerance is a lot lower than it has been in years because I started to smoke less. 

4. Go to a doctor, immediately. And quit taking huge bong rips, it's fun but very unnecessary.

5. Doctor sounds like a good idea, sounds like you maybe have some sort of infection.

6. I'd guess at bronchitis man, Same thing happened to me a couple years ago. Smoking huge bong rips puts pressure on your lungs, makes them susceptible to infection and shit. Coughing up the black stuff is a sign.

Go to a Doctor, a few anti biotics and you'll be fine. I left mine way too long and now have a scarring on my lungs. Can't get as much oxygen on the inhale as I used to. Permanent shortness of breath. It's pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. He doesnt need a doctor stop trying to scare OP. just over hitting the bong. Keep in mind smoke is smoke weed or not, so id suggest put the bong down for a week and stick to joints for smaller more controllable hits to let your throat rest but the best options would be edibles/vapes if you're lucky enough to have either

8. while it's a lot more prevalent when I'm sick, I get this too if I rip too many fat hits - especially when I mix it with tobacco

It's just your lungs/throat recovering from the gigantic punch you gave them. If it bothers you that much just rip two medium hits to get higher, or build up your lung capacity so you can hold more smoke comfortably.Try ripping the bong slower too if you can to ease it in