Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Throat and lungs hurt :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Misia, Oct 11, 2009.

1. I last smoked on Thursday, two days ago. On Friday, I was totally fine. Today. I woke up violently coughing up strange, strange things. I've been coughing and my throat and lungs hurt with each breath. I really hope this is just a respiratory infection... but if it's because of smoking, will the pain eventually go away?

This was only my second time, and the weed was of good quality.

2. Its not because of smoking if you didnt notice it the day right after smoking.
    The smoke could have irritated your lungs/ throat, yes. But maybe you just have a bad cough. Maybe you smoked with someone who was sick and they passed it to you through skin contact(lips touching pipe/joint)

OR

You could have cuaght something 3 or 4 days ago from soemone else(could have also been through skin contact)
    because when you get a cold or flu, it takes at least 3 days for symptoms to show up after being introduced to the infection.

Dont blame it on the flowers.

3. OH GOOD. I'd cry if it was from weed. Thank you! :D Yaaaay I'm sick!

4. Smoking WHILE your sick may be uncomfortable, i dont highly reccomend it. Wait until you are starting to feel better. Or vape or make edibles to eat.

5. Oh I won't for awhile. I'm broke... :/

6. If you develop a temp of over 101 you may wish to see your doc, its flu season and there is strep going around as well.:(

7. damn. I hope i dont get strep again, thats like my most hated illness. I smoked with someone whos throat was hurting, mine was too a little. Im pretty sterile though so i dont see the harm in that.

8. I have a naturally low body temperature. Cold blooded... killer. :cool:

I'm not afraid of swine flu. Bring it on.

9. Cannabis prevents..or cures swine flu.

:hello:

10. Yeah it is definitely from the bud, take some vitamin C and hope for the best!

11. i smoked bud while i had the swine flu and got a post flu bronchial infection :( personally wouldnt recommend it

12. Haha smoking while sick is an experience but I wouldn't do it much!

13. I quit smoking tobacco some years ago, I started up again but I wrestled it into submission and now I can take it or leave it, so I can have a cigarrette or cigar once in a while without wanting to start up the whole smoking thing again.

But I have noticed that occasionally when I do this, have the odd cig, I'll get a sore throat and respiratory infection a few days after. It feels like it weakens my immune system or something, I don't know. May just be a cooincidence but it's happened two or three times, to the point where it's not really worth it any more for me to smoke tobacco at all.

Maybe you got something like that going on. Only a doctor's going to be able to say for sure.

14. Well i think everyone should no that tobacco is vey bad for your health. It does in a way weaken your immune system. It cuts off your blood flow to the extremeties and restricts you blood vessels and airways. Vaporizing or making edibles is the only thing i would do when sick. Usually i just vaporize and it makes it feel better.

15. Oh god. ;(

16. theres no way smoking twice would hurt your lungs, i got a dreadful smokers cough from smoking blunt after blunt after blunt.

17. Hmm, it wouldn't? I do have asthma... But I didn't get an attack the day I smoked, or the day after. I hope this is just a coincidence.

18. #18 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
    Its just the smoke. Cannabis, is great for helping people with athsma. Because it opens up your airways and dilates your blood vessels.Tobacco, on the other hand does the complete opposite, it restricts you airways and blood vessels, so dont smoke blunts or tobacco.
    If you could find a less harsh way to smoke, like a bubbler or bong, something with water filtration, or if you know someone with a vaporizer or want to get one yourself(there are great vapes out there for less then 200) that would not irritate your lungs almost at all. Just take small hits, because taking in large amounts of smoke can irritate anyones lungs. But in no way will it hurt you, but there may be some discomfort. Vapor is not smoke btw, it does no damage to your body.

19. I think I may actually be slightly allergic to marijuana. :/ Like not break-out-in-hives allergic, but itchy throat allergic. I'll test that theory with brownies, maybe...
    A good friend of mine has a bong, but my shitty metal pipe is just oh so convenient, you know? Someday I will buy a vaporizer. Someday.