Thrips.....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by skunkluvvrr, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Right guys. I've had a few spots on some leaves but thought it was something else.
    Tonight I spent a bit more time investigating as a flush didn't seem to cure the problem.
    I have what I believe are thrips. Very immature I believe.
    They currently look like tiny tiny cream coloured caterpillars scooting round the underside of leaves.

Obviously I need to do something about it fast.

Having never dealt with any kind of pest before (I'm very careful)
    What are your suggestions to rid these little bastards they are only on 3 plants in one corner that I can find. But I'll treat them all if necessary.
    Temp is high it slowly builds thru a day to 31 its 29 now. This is sour d and it likes it hot...
    So what do I do to get rid lads and ladies?

Cheers
    Skunk.

SOUR DIESEL AND GHOST TRAIN HAZE before the gg4 crosses start to go in.
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!

2. Sounds like you got a pretty good infestation going.
    I recommend —
    Stratiolaelaps for the soil which eat pupating thrips
    Cucumeris for the foliage which eat those tiny guys you speak of
    And sticky traps low in the crop to lure and catch adults.
    In the future, get Stratiolaelaps in the soil as soon as you plant and they’ll persist for the life of the plant, feeding on dozens of potential soil/root pests like root aphids, overwintering spider mite, fungus gnats, pupating thrips, etc.
    Stay away from chemicals, oils, soaps, nematodes, diatomaceous earth, etc. Waste of money and the chemicals stress out the plant, likely leading to more pests.