thrip infestation

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by firstnamelast, Sep 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone out there,

I've had a pretty lax IPM schedule (basically none existent) with my current grow a few weeks back I noticed what looked like snail trails on a few leaves, of course, i did not think anything of it. I did some looking around today and I'm sure I have a pretty substantial thrip infestation.

I plan on harvesting sometime this week which brings up the question, is my harvest safe to smoke. The buds look and smell fantastic I think the thrips took hold too late to do any damage. It would be a tragedy to toss my harvest but life goes on, I did it to my self.

Any thoughts on the subject would be helpful

Thank you guys as always!

2. Google "Spinosad", i.e.: Captain Jacks Deadbug Brew Or Monterey Gardens Insect Spray.

Be sure to buy the concentrate and not the "ready to use" product.

J

• Like Like x 4
  3. My own fault but I just noticed that you'll be harvesting soon.

I'd still use the Spinosad today and then probably in another couple days again. This *should* take care of things just fine and after the 2nd application you should probably just use clear water for a 3rd application to clean everything off nicely.

You need to make sure that you Spray/drench just before lights out. I'd also have a fan going to dry things sooner than later.

This way you're not smoking/cooking/concentrating pests - I'd get rid of them before you harvest and a couple good applications will take care of the thrips. Even if you have to harvest a couple days later than initially planned at least you'll know your plants are clean - so apply today, apply again Sunday and then after the 2nd application has had time to do its job rinse everything off really well with clear water.

Harvest, cure, enjoy.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Thank you very much, Jerry, for getting back to me it's been a busy week at work haven't had much time to post. I am waiting for some captain jacks in the mail, unfortunately, I had to harvest before I could spray. I wish I would have known about spinosad a few weeks back but I guess this time around I can live with a bug or two in my bowls haha :)

I am going to plant new clones in the next few days and spray then, hopefully, I can keep things in control this time.

I really must thank everyone on these forums again. I have been growing for less than a year and I am already harvesting better quality than I ever imagined I would (pests aside). This no-till stuff is truly something special

Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

• Like Like x 1