three leaves instead of five wtf ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by quixote420, Nov 13, 2009.

1. This is my first grow and have been having alot of trouble , most recent is that my new growth is sprouting only 3 leaves. The plant is about 16 inchs tall and has been stressed more times than I can count. Please help , very worried.

2. Pics would help.Give it more hours of light.

3. Lights on 24 1000 w m/h

4. Could also be the strain, check the background of the strain. My Cinderella 99 only grows 3 leaves mostly.

5. first few sets had 5 , cant get pics tonight

6. its banana kush ,

7. If your plant came from a clone, it may have been in flower before it was cloned. I've seen flowering clones throw out three leaved sets for a while until the hormones kick it back into veg. It's nothing to worry about yet.

There are also triploids that appear once in a while.........plants that have a mutation somewhere down the line in the genetics. They will show up in seeds from the same mother, while others will behave normally. Again, nothing to worry about. If your plant gets up to 4-5 nodes and still has 3-leaf sets, it's probably gonna run all the way up with three leaves.

8. Thanks man , hope your right . I have stressed these girls to the max. Good learning exp. though. Thanks again