Thoughts please...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mainegrower84, Jul 19, 2017.

1. No I mean actual watts the mars hydro 300's only pull 135 watts each and the 600 pulls around 276 or something.

Mores better when it comes to light

2. Oh ok. Got ya.

3. If I'm doing just regular soil drain to waste, I will vacuum out my drip pans,
    I have been running sip trays lately . Makes for a very easy grow.
    I just slap a little tub full of perlite in the bottom of my tent throw the plant on top, add water and walk away.
    And I been running leds for a few years now and I am hitting pretty good numbers on yields , and the quality, density of the flowers and overall dankness is there
    These pics are of a single plant under led taken at around day 45 of a 9 week strain [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Booms summer scrog series:)

Boom4200 winter spring SUMMER grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wow very impressive boom what are you running for lights? Tent size?and I've been thinking about using a trellis net in a later grow. Just trying to keep my first simple and probably short, haven't decided how long I'll veg for. Does the trellis make things tougher as far as watering and trimming?

5. Hey Boom, with the sip trays, you just put the fabric pot onto a tray of perlite and the soil just absorbs what's needed? When it comes to nutes, do you add to the sip tray? Have you seen any issues with the residual nutes in the pan when you are on a plain water schedule? Also, when do you add water? When the pan is empty or when soil dries out? I've been thinking of an alternative to my watering where my indoor grow is not where I live. It would possibly save me some more time.
    Sorry @Mainegrower84 , didn't mean to hijack your post. But, honestly I have only grown 4 plants from seed but everyone of them, I have buried the stretching stems without issue. I haven't heard of stems rotting unless there was an over watering issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No problem shot. I'm also wondering when I should start considering nutrients, I'm sure they're still small now, but I've heard around 3 weeks with 1/4 strength. But is there anything I should be looking for as far as plant development that will signal me to start in with nutes? Hope I'm not driving everyone crazy with all these questions lol

7. Hi Maine,
    Thank you, it's definitely a labor of love. The lights are
    Mars pro 320
    MarsII 400
    Mars 300 first gen
    Altogether around 1100 true watts @ the wall.
    The space is a 5x5 tent,
    6" extraction fan
    4" intake fan filtered
    Both running full speed 24/7
    This is my first try at a trellis net
    I had the plant for a while. It was about 3 feet tall when I folded it into the trellis, vegged it for another 2 weeks trained it up and flowered it
    I ended up with plenty of room under the net.
    I actually climb right inside and work on and water the plant from under the net works ok.
    And veg time is up to you. Just remember, big plants hold up big flowers better

8. I waited until I had 4 full sets of leaves and I topped them. Waited a week after that then started at just 1/4 dose and worked up to full dosage over the next mo. Or so. The soil that I use is very rich so, I don't use many. Next year though, 100% organic. I was given a 200$ complete set of nutes by a friend that owns a hydro store. And was asked for feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  9. image.jpg
    Nice my tent doesn't have a port at the bottom for a intake. I've just had the vents open and a small oscillating fan running beside on of the vents. Is this gonna work?

10. Hi shot
    I'm pretty new to the whole sip thing.
    This plant is a synthetic grow. From what I read with synthetic ,is to do the sip part like usual and when you water in your nutrients just water a little, the trick is you wanna get a good amount of feed to the roots, but you don't want runoff.
    I think starting with organic soil is the better way to do it, water only type deal.
    I made a bunch of bad ass clackamas coot mix a couple months ago and it's been cycling ever since.
    I actually received 3 -20 gallon smart pots today. They are really wide and I bought them like that on purpose . The shorter the pot the better the capillary action will work from the sip.
    Figure Mabel a few top dresses along the way if needed, but it will me mostly water only.
    My 3 babies are in the soil nowand doing stellar.
    I have a build a soil cover crop I will use. I am very excited about this next run.
    They say to keep the water level about an inch below the top of the perlite.
    And the whole wet/dry cycle is out the window with this type of organic deal. You never wanna let the soil dry out

Booms summer scrog series:)

Boom4200 winter spring SUMMER grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just an update. It's been a week since transplanting these and they are doing great. Growing a little bit every day. The tallest one is still only about 5 inches but the leaves are popping out all over the place. They are 20 days since they broke the surface. Are they about on schedule?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1