Thoughts please...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mainegrower84, Jul 19, 2017.

1. IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1129.JPG IMG_1131.JPG IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1126.JPG Most of these plants are 14 days old except the one in the very middle which is 12 days old. They seem like they aren't growing much. Am I right or just over thinking it? They had a rough start so I'm not sure if they are stunted( over watered, and light was too far away for first couple days. All the outside ones are random bag seeds and the middle one is a northern lights cross. I planted them in organic miracle grow( natures care) which I've been told on here was a mistake. Today I planted two more of the northern lights seeds in fox farm potting mix after germinating them for 2 days with a nice tap root. I just don't want to waste time and energy if these are stunted due to my beginner mistakes. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

2. are.you still in miracle grow?

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. Yea they are. Except the two I just planted tonight. Someone mentioned transplanting them into the fox farm but I'm a little nervous to move them since they're so small....

4. transplant asap or you will fry them the whole way through...out of 100 soils it's the worst one
    not meant for cannabis.

GFP

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok. I'll have to do it tomorrow. Any tips to make it easier on the plants or is it one of those " it's a weed, it will be fine" kinda things. Lol

6. be gentle they are so small it should be easy when they get big is when it gets to be a bitch.

GFP

7. And what do you think as far as growth? Do they look small to you? They are all different sizes too. One is only like 2 inches max and some are like 4 1/2...

8. what are ya gonna do ? it is what it is. just make it better.

GFP

9. Thanks

10. These girls popped on 7-1-17 and look to be about the same size as urs, yep, don't over think it to much
    I know it's tough, but the best approach for me with seedlings ( and I notoriously suck at seedlings) it to put them in the dirt, give me a decent watering and walk away for like a week, week and a half, best of luck

Vote boom 2017
    Testers wanted for Mars Hydro COB

11. Thanks. I tend to overthink EVERYTHING and always expecting worse case scenario Lol can't help it...

12. Oops forgot the pics
    [​IMG]
    Middle pic popped on the 8th
    [​IMG]
    This ones a little bigger( pineapple chunk )
    [​IMG]
    Shitty little t5,
    Homemade organic soil
    Gotta get some real light on these soon
    Gonna sub up

Vote boom 2017

13. Those look good. Better than mine. Lol. But these bag seeds were more about learning. And I've learned a lot so far. I'm gonna be more careful with the ones I planted today. I'm only going to take two to flower since I only have a 3x3 tent and two of the 300 watt full spectrum leds. I'll probably keep the smaller led in there too just to fill it up better. Plus I don't know the sexs of the bag seeds so I'm sure there's some males in there

14. I highly recommend transplanting to fox farm. I transplanted mine around the same age and I'm so glad I did

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've never done it. So you just keep the miracle grow soil that's already in the cup right, just put fox farm in bigger pot half full, put plant in, fill around it, water?

16. The way I did it was I scooped them out with a spoon very carefully, dug a small size hole in the fox farm and just gently put them in the new soil, they were little baby seedlings when I did that. This is them now (31 days). I topped them last week so the slowed down growing for a bit but are starting to pick up speed again

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. When I slid them out of the solo cup just to check the roots were wrapping around a little bit so I'm assuming i need to transplant the whole thing? Nice plants by the way...

18. Thanks! Honestly I'm still learning myself so I can't really say with confidence. But if it were me I would try to get that bad soil off as much as possible. I gently pressed the roots to crumble off the shitty soil I had before putting the seedling into the fox farm. It's not as hard as you think. Trust me I was freaking out while doing it and even a couple days after but they came out just fine.

19. Thanks for the input I'll give it a go

• Like Like x 1
  20. You'll be fine! Send update pics when you do it!

• Like Like x 1