Thoughts please...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mainegrower84, Jul 19, 2017.

1. IMG_1135.JPG
    Well I did it. Didn't go too bad. Got as much of the old stuff off as I was comfortable with. I didn't tamp the soil down much and it settled some when I watered them. I only transplanted 4 so I wouldn't need to put the socind light up yet. I only really care about the northern lights one. The others are just guinea pigs and I don't even know the sex of those yet. But I have another question now lol. This is the first time I've had run off after watering, do I just leave it in the pans?

2. Nice. Looks good! I usually dump my run off just cause I worry about mold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

3. Yea right after I posted that I dumped the excess for the same reason. I also thought more moisture might mean more humidity. Looks like you plants are under led. What are you using? Just curious cause I went with led and some people say they don't produce good plants

4. 2 mars hydro 300 and 1 mars hydro 600 so far they work for me

5. Have they worked well for you? I have 2 300s and I'm hoping they will be good for flowering 2 plants at a time.

6. So far so good, they're growing like crazy now

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just update. After transplanting the plants are doing great. It's been less than two days and they have grown quite a bit. I'm pretty happy with it. Lots of new leaves starting to come in. Thanks for the advice!

Attached Files:

8. Two 300's will do two plants fine. That's what I'm using too

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 1
  9. Next time you transplant a seedling, you can bury the stem more just below the cotyledon. You can actually add some soil now and you won't have to support those lanky stems. Good job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks. I've actually heard conflicting posts on burying the stem. Some say it can cause mold and rot. Do you do it regularly with no problems? This site is just great and full of info but I see a lot if conflicting information so for someone like me who knows nothing it makes me second guess things. But if you've never had a problem then I might just try it. Thanks!

11. How bout three plants rob? Lol I'd like to do three if I have three females( only one of the ones pictured is guaranteed a female) but from what I understand I wouldn't be able to get the light penetration and would get lower yields

12. I'm in a small tent a 4x2x4 I can't fit three but if you go in a space bigger than that you really need more light as two 300's aren't really adequate for the space as it is I could really use another one just for the 4x2x4.... but if you keep them small you can surely get away with it... yield won't matter either way you can get the same off of one plant two plants three plants or four it's the light that's restricting you from getting any more bud not number of plants if that makes any sense... here's a pic of the space I have with two 300's [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hey there , stuff looks good, whatever soil you end up transplanting into, just pop the whole thing in . Don't try to scrape any soil off the roots, that will just shock it the roots will reach right into your new soil and forget all about the miracle grow

Booms summer scrog series:)

Boom4200 winter spring SUMMER grow journal

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ok that's what I thought. Thanks. I hope I can get mine to look like that ...

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's just about being patient and letting it get big enough... look at booms plant that one plants gonna outyield both of us combined...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yea the waiting is tough. I keep thinking they should be bigger. I put them through some shit early on but they look better now than they did a week ago. I did check out booms journal. Some nice stuff in there for sure

17. I'll have to get a 600 watt when I can afford it. Would two 300s and a 600 be overkill for a 3x3?

• Like Like x 1
  18. No that's actually just over the recommended watts per square foot I believe so it'd do you damn good.... it's common to fit 600W in a 3x3

19. So 600 works but a 600 plus two 300s would be too much?