thoughts on these leds for supplemental lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jgalt77, Dec 18, 2018.

1. So, i did post a thread earlier asking advice on adding some extra lighting to my 4x4 tent that is currently running 4 qb120’s and 4 qb132’s and i got some great advice and i think eventually i will just add some more quantum boards. but in the meantime i ran across these
    seems like it would be very easy to fit one or two of these in as supplemental lighting to use during flower. i currently have around 540 watts of quantum boards which i got great results from last run, but if i added 1 or 2 of these it would get me up to around 600 watts (37.5 watts psf) or 660 (41.25 watts psf) respectively. it seems like they check a lot of boxes - 3000k (also available in 6000k), ease of installation, price point is pretty decent and the size would be easy to fit in with my current lights. am i missing something? what are your thoughts on these?

2. It worked for me but I posted another link anyway. Thanks for the heads up tho!

3. one more bump. is the link working at least? thanks

4. About half as efficient as your qbs. Another row of 120’s would do better. I run about 700 watts of 120’s.

7BA6C4DB-87D4-4DDF-9C83-4D244630E22C.jpeg B

5. those lights posted are made for garage lighting. nobody has used them for plants. so try them and reply back if they work. would it just be best to get a actual grow led ?

6. Do you dim them at all or run full strength?

7. You're probably right. I'll just wait and add some more QB 120's to my mix sometime after Christmas. I might still grab one of those garage lights and swap it out for the t8's that I'm using to keep my mother's alive. If it doesn't work I can always put it in my garage!

8. Unusually for ill the room and run them full

9. it will work. why i am saying that. i use a led light that is also made to work on cars for my cloner, here is what i use and it works good. why i use it comes with a cord and its bright perfect cloning light . its very cool zero heat
    .Might-D-Light 60-Light LED Plug-In Worklight with 15 ft. Power Cord-LED110 - The Home Depot