Thoughts on Domed Earth/Flat Earth?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by KOLKRONIK, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Don't know who or what to trust and believe in at this point. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 lalamann, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    I have friends in New Zealand.... it's daylight there right now. I just got off skype with one of them a few minutes ago. I cant make it more than a minute or two into these videos without tears usually :lmafoe:

Source: I have a Legitimate Education and understand astrodynamics, trajectory and ballistics enough to calculate exactly how much force it would take to put a given object in orbit assuming i know the objects weight. (ballistics have nothing to do with this at all, just being thorough here)

Why bother with these sciences at all? It would have to be the single largest networked conspiracy ever. I mean hell, there's a reason the weather app on your phone can tell you exactly when the sun will rise and fall exactly where you are before it even happens, there is a reason we can predict the movement of the tides along the shores of earth.

Flat-Earth theory isn't even a theory, it's at best a half-millennia old hypothesis, and that is giving it more credit than it deserves.

I hate to be dickish about this but come on, it boggles my mind to see that this is even still a thing in 2016. There is zero scientific merit to this idea whatsoever.

Here, i even googled something interesting for you if my rantings were'nt convincing enough lol. I mean no reall offense here, this is just a heavy impression for anyone who might read this xD

https://www.google.com/#q=Central+inverse-square+law

And btw, planes having to account for the planets orbit beneath them? The atmosphere is locked gravitationally to the surface crust of this planet, that logic would be like implying the rotation of the planet itself causes the trade winds. and not the uneven heating from the dark to the light side of earth. it's the same thermodynamic process that happens when it's hot and you stand outside an air conditioned window that's open and the cool air is rushing out into the air and falling to the ground, just on a much larger scale. If you were to go inside and stand on a chair above the window where its cool, you would feel warm air rushing inside and rising to the ceiling. Uneven heating patterns cause wind, not the rotation of the planet and the atmosphere somehow holding onto to frictionless space and letting the earth spin beneath it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. and i finally watched the video, im not sure what the dome is they are implying is, or where it's at in the video, even the slower second take shows two normal atmospheric exits. the rounded glow around the planet is the atmosphere of earth glowing in the sunlight, the extreme curve is from the geometry of the lens, and the reason everything all of a sudden got smooth is because the rocket theft earth atmosphere and entered frictionless space.

Im confused what in that video is proof of a dome around earth or it being flat. if anything the lens curve makes the horizon of the planet from that altitude WAAAAAAY too curved.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't even have the motivation/energy to spend the time to convince idiots that don't understand logic and empirical data that the earth is not flat. They jump through hoops and cherry-pick what studies and evidence best suites their wrong hypothesis. When confronted with the slew of opposing conflicting information they either ignore it or deny it. "B-b-b-b-but this video on youtube bla bla bla" It's almost cringy how many people legitimately don't understand the basics of the world around them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. This is hilarious. I don't even know what to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

6. I start off assuming there is some kernal of truth to any conspiracy theory, however i looked i to this one and found it completely lacking.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1397389/

I argued with some flat earthers here at great length.

It never hurs to expoae yourself to all information and sorting it yourself if you have some education/understanding in the area. I find most adherents dont have basic science understanding.

7. What about origami map depicting the earth as soup can labeling+ magnetic pull of the Bermuda?
    [​IMG]

Knowledge can only be ascertained when the mind deliberates antiquated belief systems. Truth is more intrinsic than "out there."

• Like Like x 1
  8. the rockets supposedly hit something and stop completely then begin to fall. btw I never mentioned I believed in this. I was simply asking for thoughts on it. Science may prove this wrong but I've just been on this skeptical shit lately about us exploring the universe. Skeptical on education in general honestly because someone is controlling what you learn and I don't like that. Just confused, naturally.

9. I never said I believed this video. I know what you mean and I assure you I am not the type to use YouTube videos as a reference. Unless of course it is about entertainment.

10. Thank you for this. You are a fantastic individual.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sorry for the irritated ramblings, im used to theze posts exploding into a shit storm over on facebook xD

I wanted to nip it in the butt before it began.

And yea it didnt hit anything, it used a couple horizontal thrusters to level itself out flat once it exited the atmosphere, which is shen the video got a lot smoother, as once you exit the atmosphere your no longer fighting wind resistance and friction. Would be a lot more obvious if the uploader didnt immediately cut the video to play it again when it "hit the dome".

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well thanks for your input. Again, I only wanted people's thoughts on the subject. I don't know what to believe anymore anyways. But yeah you did nip it in the butt so all is well.

13. We already have quite a few threads on this theory, so I'm closing this. Please feel free to participate in an existing thread on this subject.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.