Thoughts on big investments by Chinese companies into the industry?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Yem426, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Just wanted to poll anyone interested here...

Discovered a major Chinese investment into several mj related businesses today. Interested to hear any thoughts on how this might affect the market, specifically CA, and what your perception of Chinese big business would be in the industry.

It appears this particular investment / investor has several other ventures as well, although I have yet to research them. They seem intent on keeping their majority stakes in all ventures very quiet. Americans perceptions to blame?

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 2008 Chinese milk scandal - Wikipedia

Jul 16, 2014 - Six years ago today, sixteen infants in China’s Gansu Province were diagnosed with kidney stones. All of them had been fed milk powder that was later found to have been adulterated with a toxic industrial compound called melamine. Four months later, an estimated 300,000 babies in ...

No...... Just No.....
    china pet food scandal 2013 - Google Search
    And I can find more.. Much more.
    BNW

3. I'm sure 'merican companies get to sell their poop in the China?
    as We have found its a very easy way to bust your Trumps ideas on sanctions ..

is this not what WTO and world trade is about

I think you need to ask the average local us farmer what he thinks
    as his Govt has bent over backwards to keep him afloat

good luck with your next TV or phone purchase ....lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. #4 Mia Wallace, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Regulate, regulate and lower the cost so it’s no longer lucrative imo.

Edit: let’s not forget with a pen stroke this cash crop can be grown by everyone, thusly removing the issue. Moving it more towards an illegal market, leaving crawl street out of the loop once again. This is where the villains really live imo)

@vostok where are you from mate?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. #5 Vee, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Back East

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Me and my friends don't plan on buying from any large companies..

These fucks trying to capitalize off our new found freedoms are going to go bankrupt, watch..

Buy local!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I buy everything for the best price/quality possible, local or not. Competition is a wonderful thing.

8. I was just wondering because I see you on the website rollitup.

9. True, but what about when you know the company in china that made that gadget you want dumps all of it's waste byproducts in the river because it's cheaper and makes no attempt to reduce toxic emissions because it cuts into their bottom line?

One of the main reasons hardly anyone can compete with chinese companies is that it costs a lot of money to properly dispose of waste and not pollute..
    How much extra do you think it costs an American company to comply with the American EPA, OSHA, and other American regulations that keep our country clean and safe while in china they can just dump their waste in a river or on the ground for free, and not care if a few employees get killed or maimed here and there by workplace dangers, or care if their employees are exposed to harmful chemicals that will cause them to get cancer and die in a few years..

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Not to mention the fact that they use slave labor.

11. They wanna bring us Walmart quality weed

12. #13 c&c, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    dao of me
    New to weed ( just exactly how long to learn to grow weeds )
    i means really !!!
    ha Ha !!

Divide & quality
    Unite will quantity

Greed is center
    Roots Lazy