Thoughts on Anonymous

Discussion in 'General' started by Badfish90, Dec 25, 2011.

1. I was just wondering what the general opinion of the hacker group, Anonymous, is on GC.

They're labeled an internet terrorist group but, from my understanding, they actually seem to be concerned about the general welfare of the public. Recently, they released the names of users affiliated with major CP sites found in the deep web.

BUT, besides from the occasional bust, they don't really seem to do anything else. Did anything ever happen with them against scientology?

I feel like a bunch of amateurs say they are part of Anonymous.

What are your thoughts?

2. The Savior's of america

3. :hello:i fully agree :hello::smoke:

4. Good idea, but the execution was very flawed

5. Fuckers...Took down my PSN for fuckin' ever.:cool:

6. They're hackers?

First I've heard of that. Couldn't they cause real problems instead of whining?

7. True, as I would consider downloading LOIC and HOIC and thinking you can take down any website is very amateurish.

I've taken part in a fair share of raids and I've helped execute a DDoS or two, but I for the most part stay away from raids based on personal preference and opinion over websites, such as the Habbo Hotel raid and the recent 9GAG raid.

Anonymous is the figurehead for scaring our government into understanding that it can't simply do whatever it wants, as there will be repercussions. Anonymous does its best to guarantee that consequences will never be the same.

8. iv never heard anon whine its always there victims like when they took down the COS website :rolleyes:

9. I can assure you, there are far more productive ways to get our government to understand.:cool:

10. #10 desuforeverlulz, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    For those who aren't aware of the threat that is Anonymous, watch this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIVH_BXmWXI[/ame]

11. When anonymous chops a Corrupt politicians head and hangs it from wallstreet...

Maybe it'll work.

No one fears whiners.

12. I really see no Hacktivism or any real action, I have been an IT guy for many years and read about them from time to time, wikileaks is also a joke in my opinion. What have they accomplished or done that is worthwhile?

13. Couldn't they get information on illegal bribes and lobbying? Anything?

Or is the corrupt officials doing everything legally?

We literally need a batman hacker on our side.

14. They need to do something about the scamming industry of Ebay/Paypal. Seriously.

15. Just get rid of 'Tim and Eric show good job' god damn why are kids watching these guys?

16. hey Max! bribes and lobbying is business as usual in America, and anything they do expose the mainstream media will just call them terrorist and 99.9% or Americans will eat that shit up. what about all that project Camelot has done they are not hackers or how about the Gary Mckinnon story much more interesting in my opinion.

17. I know, but the hackers have NOTHING?

18. That was not anonymous. That was Lulzsec, a hacker group who used to hack things to piss people off.

19. In my personal opinion not really, If they were to drop something that would really make a difference I would have a better opinion of them, I really do not get into the bashing of scientology for one, I think with all the arrests of so called "Anonymous" hackers is proof that they are amateurs. hacking sites and lame virus related things would not be Hacktivism. I would like to see better ethics, people in silly V for vendetta masks and a flag is ok for some people I guess, but I tend to see something like that is more of a nu sense than a opposition. How about uranium in the water, how about the secret space program, their are bigger and better issues that the money going into fat cats pockets or messing up some website or anything of that nature. I see it as more of a distraction.