Thought about the difference Illusions vs. Hallucinations?

Discussion in 'General' started by Norherb, Jul 14, 2009.

1. So i was wondering what is your thought about illusions vs. hallucinations? I don't really get the difference about that.. When people say they had a hallusination i just think they have illusions.
    someone please explain those words to me :D

2. illusions is just like you see a shadow in the corner of you eye you look and its gone, hallucinations are when you see a shadow in your eye you look at it and it turns to a giant mushroom man with a purple waterfall goin down his back and then ur tastin the color purple and hearing the smell of bacon

IMHO

3. il·lu·sion (-lzhn)

a. An erroneous perception of reality.
    b. An erroneous concept or belief.
    2. The condition of being deceived by a false perception or belief.
    3. Something, such as a fantastic plan or desire, that causes an erroneous belief or perception.

Hallucination: A profound distortion in a person's perception of reality, typically accompanied by a powerful sense of reality. An hallucination may be a sensory experience in which a person can see, hear, smell, taste, or feel something that is not there.

so in essence a illusion is something thats fake, not really there, a disortion.

a hallucination is seeing a flying pig siting on your bed

4. also you could compare it to like the desert, illusions are when you see water on the ground but then hallucinations are seeing like soda machines and shit lol

5. soda machines?

you got me crackin

6. Judging from your other thread, I'm guessing there are a lot of things you don't understand. Seriously, are you 13 or something?

7. Hahaha, I have no insight on this thread, but this post made me laugh, made it worth it :hello:.