Those who want to argue, debate me!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, May 13, 2011.

1. The whole point of nothingness is that it doesn't exist. But by not existing, it does exist.

Thus, a paradox of no proportions is formed...

:smoking:

2. There is something you absolutely can't disprove me about.

Why do birds fly south?

3. Nothingness doesn't exist but did it ever exist? Either you believe in a beginning of the universe or that it just has always been. If you believe in a beginning then that would have to mean that something had to come from nothing in which you would have to believe in a higher entity that created it

4. I'm glad to see GC calming down, and becoming more friendly. It seemed like for a while, a lot of people were just rude about thinking they know everything and would just start arguing. I see a turn for the better! (at least lately)

Sorry to get off topic. Had to throw that thought out there.

5. It all pre-supposes that the universe is bound by a linear time-structure. What if this idea of linear time is merely our mind's way of processing things?

6. Pisswizard

7. stop spamming this section

8. But then what would you guys have to pout about?

:eek::smoke:

9. I would like to debate that everything exists. Even nothing.

10. Well, if nothing exists, I would have to ask what you mean by "exist."

11. Loosely, I mean that which can be referred to.

12. I always tell the truth, and you always lie.

</thread>:p

13. I believe this statement can be true given the proper conditions.

14. Nobody could beat you in a debate Journey. :D You just chase your tail around :eek: How can anybody argue with that :smoke:

15. zen master Journey is the Dali-lama :D

16. Well it's hard to beat someone in an argument who has no opinions on anything.

17. After you end all arguments, then what will you do with your life? They will have to shut down this section of the forum. :eek: You are here 24/7.

18. wouldn't God just be a label? for that, "force", like energy instead we call it God?

19. what does you mean by "argue"

20. I've read a few high school science books. Why are they willing to talk as if something is true when it's only just a theory, like evolution.

I opened a Science book and the first paragraph was something about how old the earth is which hasn't been proven.