those who have no need for gods

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by chronickiller, Dec 19, 2009.

1. So i am Atheist in the middle of the bible belt i have a few friends and family that i can talk openly with but most of the people around are vary religious and would have nothing to do with me just for be ing a godless he thin when did people forget freedom of religion all so means freedom from religion i guess it only really bothers me when it is a girl but what ever i will just stay high and on my life mission to overgrow the gov and hope fully it all works out sorry if i wasted your time just venting

2. You'd like to overgrow the government?

3. Well clearly you blazed when you wrote this, but anyway, when I realized at a young age that the adults around me were just shockingly hypocritical and incompetent, it came as a huge shock. I thought adults knew everything, and I was supposed to be the child. I then realized that you could be wrong about anything. At all times. You could be so absolutely certain that you're right, and still be tragically wrong. So when I learned about the scientific method, it was the best thing I'd ever heard of for being as close to right as you could possibly be about anything. So eventually I realized that the most intelligent, most reasonable people on planet earth weren't religious, I thought there was probably some connection there. I'll stick with academia. You know, the people who are working to stop infectious disease, to stop nuclear proliferation, to cure terminal illnesses by actually devoting their lives to study, there are real people out there who at this moment are rigorously working hard to better the human race, not because a book or spiritual leader told them it was the right thing to do, and they would get rewarded for living morally. They believe there is no reward after death for being a good person, and it's purely your own responsibility. Those are the people I respect the most, and those are the people who I want to be like the most.