Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THOSE WHO GROW THEIR OWN! Please take a moment of your time to help me out...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ixBeachbumxi, Jan 15, 2011.

1. This thread is directed to those who know for a FACT, that they're weed is 100% legit and not fucked with. I fear that I may have "grit weed".

Please help me by performing a few simple tests with your grinder.

Keep in mind, the grinder must have had only homegrown or medically bought bud go through it. No chance of contamination from the bs of douchebag dealers.

What I ask of you is to take a peek into your kief catcher. Under intense light are there noticeable tiny (and i mean TINY) brighter specks in the catcher than the other "yellowish" thc crystals?

Also if you hold the catcher eye level and blow a stream of air over the catcher (while in high light) can you see dust particles floating away (through the light).

Please help a brotha out...i feel like this stuffs fucked with and ive smoked a good eigth of it already :(. I have tried looking at pieces of bud that look extra shiny under my crappy radio shack handheld microscope but well, its not high quality and distinguishing foreign bits from legitimate trichomes is beyond me.

2. eat a leaf and chew on it with your front teeth, do you hear a gritty, grinding sound like your chewing on sand? if so fuck the bullshit, it's been sprayed with the grit...

I have found that all the other light tests and shit like that don't even hold a candle to just manning up and chewing on some of the suspect bud. I've thought i've had grit before, but to this day this method has never failed me, and i've never had grit.---I can say this for certain because just last week i cleaned out and decanted the stuff that came out of my grinder to make tincture out of it, no little crunchy particles were left over so its golden.

if your honestly concerned you can still cook with grit weed if you do it properly. Search cannabutter with water method, or decanting qwiso hash and you'll have two ways you can use the shit out of it. Also i'm pretty sure that butane leaves the little fiberglass fragments behind so BHO wouldn't be a bad idea either...

3. The kief in your grinder can look weird from different weed/kief and how packed it is etc. I've seen it look weird, but I say pick the pieces out, if it's glass you will know.

4. wouldnt it not burn? so there would be like shit left over if you burn/smoke it...

5. Make sure you don't smoke it in a pipe, you could inhale the glass peices... and it would tear up your lungs literally. I once thought this happened but it didn't, lmao.

6. literally zero of these answers have given me the results from the tests.....

please do not post if you dont know what your talking about (not trying to be a dick), but alot of ppl on gc just repost what they've read/heard from other ppl.

"awe man, do the cd test if it scratches the shits fucked!" - wrong, normal bud scratches cds too

"yo lick ya fingas!" - wrong, there are small microscopic versions that are sprayed INTO and onto the weed that cant be detected, even with a handheld microscope (like the piece of shit i have)

"YO GUYYYY, smoke it thru a bong mang!" - no again, the particles do not get filtered through water, whoever thinks this is a fool. Unless it is infact bits of GLASS. Like....break a champagne glass and mush it up and put it on the buds. If thats the case then yes, water filtration does help.

"its only in europe man no worries" - wrong. I live on the east coast and its a growing problem. youtube the shit, theres a whole fuckin playlist about gritweed.

EDUCATE.

so again please, only post if you have in fact done the tests i have suggested and you grow your own. thank you

7. if its straight up GLASS then yes, but thats not what i believe ive run into. I think i have the deadly version of grit weed. The kind that can cause Silicosis because the particles that enter your lungs are small enough to damage them permanently. The particles being silica, or other various shit that does in fact get inhaled (even through a triple filtration bong with all the fixins). Im heading off to bed now and hopefully i'll wake to a thread full of results from reputable tokers in the city.

Fuck money whoring fucks.

I dont want to die coughing up blood and being blue in the face becasue my lungs cant bring oxygen to my brain.

8. Yeah idk thats fucked up, Ive never run into that problem (grit weed in general), and if I have im still alive lol...

Wtf is it then? Would a vape like not work or what... you think its something that is burning?

9. rub these suspected "trichs" on a cd if it scratches the cd then its glass

10. You need to read post #6

11. I think you're trippin. There ain't no damn glass in your bud; chill out.

12. #12 Zef, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    how much did you purchase? if you've already smoked an eighth your hopefully half way done? If your really concerned maybe cut your losses and ditch this batch, as you've said if you are in fact dealing with grit then its a very intense kind that is quite hard to pick out, If anyone stares at their keif long enough they will notice brighter chunks, and blowing over it will always produce little dust bits, be it stray plant matter bits or whatever else, I believe the answers for the tests you asked be conducted will be inconclusive and you should go with your gut.

also I hope you don't lash out at me and suggest that I'm not qualified to be answering your question just because i may of said something that wasn't my results to your experiment. if I where you I'd listen to as many opinions and suggestions and thoughts as possible to really get to the bottom of this.

although the CD scratch test gets annoying to here over and over these brother are just trying to help the best way they know how.

good luck man and I have my fingers crossed that you don't have grit.

edit: I just did some reading on the norml stash blog about grit and they suggested a good way to tell was to use a clean grinder with a screen, grind some up then under a bright light right away open to the level with the screen, if its grit then there will be a "puff" of dust as the microscopic glass takes a bit to settle and filter through the screen, this sounds worth a shot.

13. dude it's tiny pieces of metal chipping off your grinder. shit's weak, i know, but i know exactly what you're describing.

14. if you want a test with results.

just do the an iso test.

but let it soak for like 30+ seconds to really get the particles out.

just use a little bud for this.

put barely enough 97% iso into a jar seal and shake let it sit and shake it again.

strain and empty onto plate.

watch it dry with a fan on it if there are little shiny particles then you know.

dont scrape it up you want to look at what has dryed on the plate.

it WILL be noticable if there is fine particles.

but if you think there is shit in it, your basically at the point of either smoking it or trying to cook with it like some people have suggested.

15. Might just be metal flakes. THIS IS WHY CHEAP GRINDERS ARE NOT OK!

The ONLY grinder brand to have never had reports of metal shavings are Space Case(make sure its an authentic SC), and the price justifies it. They are really the best.

Get a 4 piece SC, CLEAN all of the pieces before hand and let them all dry COMPLETELY. Then grind bud and check the keif chamber.

Its more likely that there are things left over from the grower not flushing properly, not drying properly, not curing properly, or not being stored and handled properly. Its also more likely that there is some type of debris mixed in with your herb.

This is because of the black market, in a regulated market with hygiene standards this wouldnt happen(at least, not nearly as much)

16. thanks to all those who offered helpful information. im going to wait till my throat doesnt hurt anymore (could be cold but i mean...this buds got some funk to it and my ashcatcher had some small bits stuck on the side...like...they look like little beads. tiny tiny beads) then i'll smoke a bowl through the ac/diffy bong and see if it gets scratchy again. if so, then into the firey inferno of my woodstove this shitty weed shall go :).