This will change your life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Pooshy, Jan 29, 2011.

1. This might be a little complex for some of you but bear with with me. I was thinking about the overwhelmingness about forever and infinite. When we die we are going to be gone FOREVER sure we wont know it but isnt that a little much. And if there is an afterlife we will live FOREVER. Nothing ever truly ends. Space never ends. It cant. Think about it, there cant just be a wall that stops space. Time can never end because there cant be just nothing. This is so overwhelming and my brain cant comprehend this foreverness. I just cant understand it. Time is so complex there are so many things we dont know and it just bothers me to no end.

2. Time is illusory. Show me yesterday. Where is tomorrow? Everything 'exists' spontaneously. What are notions of 'where it's from' or 'where it's going' but unnecessary concerns?

You say this bothers you, but what answer could possibly satisfy you? Either everything ends, or it doesn't. Which answer will bring you happiness?

What are notions of 'everything' but fabrications of your Mind?

3. imo everything ends.

4. time and death are just an illusion and nothing more.

humans came up with the concept of time.

5. Wrap your mind around this one.... Time never really had a beginning either. Dun dun dun!!!

but ya everything is now.

6. Everything's infinite. You are infinite. All times all places all things are you. But hell just look at the way we're living right now. We think we're just this person that's living during this time period. So we feel the constrictions, but really there are none.

7. yeah OP hopefully it makes more sense to you now

i took time to think about it awhile ago and it was overwhelming in the present moment of thought but once you realize you'll only ever be where you are and you're not going forwards or backwards then it becomes all good

i could do this for another billion years and then another billion or so

because between it all ill lose track of time so all ill begin to know is things that are

8. Where just riding a perpetual wave of the Now.

9. What are we really talking about here?

10. Where