This will be interesting.......

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Drucias, Apr 7, 2003.

1. We're interested, keep posting.

2. not in mine :-( lol

3. hahah, im being silly. But anyway, I took some more pics of my plant there seem to be changes almost daily with this damn thing lol. And I have three others I should take pics of too huh? But this is the biggest one but I will start takin pics of the other when it full spreads its second pair of leaves which should be any day now. Well I have noticed that this plant is taking on a reddish-purple hue. Slighty on the stems of the second pair of leaves and on the second stem and especially on the new leaves. Here lemme show u.....

4. See how it is red? (the growth tips) And now that I look at it closer, even the tiny tiny new leave sthat have yet to spread their leaves have a reddish tinge...is this a sickness or just the new leaf color, it looks as if the color is actually IN the leaves and not ON.....

Attached Files:

• 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      21.2 KB
      Views:
  5. The tops again.......

Attached Files:

• 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      File size:
      16.6 KB
      Views:
  6. And the stems are getting sorta woody and this one is taking on purple stripes...LOOK!! Im excited (im a nerd) see those stripes?

Attached Files:

• 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  7. haha i was just messin with my camera....its hyper super red HAHAH!

Attached Files:

• 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      22.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Nice, looking good soon it will look like mine. :-D

Can wait to see keep us updated.

9. Well we have had cloudy rainy days for about a week now. Well today its gonna be nuthin but sun, and that means my plants are goin OUTSIDE! They grow alot faster when put outside.

10. well im bored off my ass I guess ill post some pics of my seedling and my 2nd biggest seedling....

Attached Files:

• 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      22 KB
      Views:
  11. Man this morning I went to check on my seedlings they were just fine. I come back this afternoon and one is gone and the other has been uprooted and has withered down to NOTHING! I guess some animal got ahold of them. I didnt know animals liked weed lol. It looks like the dirt was thrown everywhere! But good news is I had my biggest two seedlings up higher so nothing could get them. I could be extra extra pissed if they wouldve gotten messed up. And one of the small ones had very dark green leaves I wanted to see it grow! But it didnt look like it was getting anywhere anyway....it wouldnt grow. But its all good I needed to change out the soil in one of the pots anyway because it was all lumpy and like dirt youd go dig up somewhere.So what I did was take all four pots, took my biggest seedling out of the pot and I took the other seedling out of its pot as well. sifted the dirt around in all 4 pots (to loosen it up a little) and I added some perlite that I bought yesterday. Threw out the crap ass lumpy dirt and replaced it with Miracle Grow Moisture Control. Its really soft drains well and has moss in it. Well Then I took a look at my biggest seedlings root system (which is very extensive) so I planted it in a much bigger pot and filled the pot up with dirt until it reached the cotyledons.
    The other seedling was starting to wilt at mid stem JUST LIKE MY OTHER! I figured out that this is due to putting it in the sun with lack of water i felt the soil and it was pretty dry. I looked at it yesterday and saw it leaning but thought it was tryin to get more sun. Well anyway the stem hasnt even wilted all the way but just enough to make the stem fall a little not topple over like the other. I put this seedling in a new pot (which also had extensive roots) and covered the wilted part up waaaay below the surface (it has dirt up to its cotyledons also. I put 4 more seeds into the wet papertowel process and its on my computer monitor to stay warm. Man thsi is the third time ive had to plant seeds, well at least this time I am putting them in good soil with a good PH. I cant believe the oldest is still alive its the one that was giving me the most trouble in the first place!

Oh yea, is it natural for the cotyledons to turn yellow and fall off? My first pair of leaves are doing the same (turning lightgreen/yellow). I checked the soil PH and its not off......just wonderin...

12. U guys whats wrong with this plant the three first leaves are turning yellow what gives? HELP!

Attached Files:

• 25.jpg
      25.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
  13. see?

Attached Files:

• 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
  14. nooooo
    man i havent even fert. them yet it cant be too much of somthing.....maybe to little of....

Attached Files:

• 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
  15. If your plants get yellow on them they need to be transplanted. When you've grown a few plants you'll get to know the signs and you'll be able to transplant them before the leaves turn yellow. Make sure you don't transplant them in too big of a pot either, gradually build up. Also when you first start them off a big thing that makes them wilt over and shit is that their isn't enough soil or they aren't deep enough in. After you germinate them take a pencil and stick it on your soil, about an inch or an inch and a half in. Then put white shit (The beginning of what will become your roots) that comes out facing down (I actually wait til the root is quite big and the leaves kind of come out and jam the thing two inches down). After this make sure you use regular potting soil and make sure it has perlite in it. Also keep the soil somewhat compact and make SURE it is moist at all times. I'll try to help you along with this cause i'd love to see your plants get all big and buddy just keep posting pics and post what's goin on with them

16. Well I put them back outside today and the yellow leaves are starting to wilt and die but my othr leaves look just fine.......man plants are confusing. I added some perlite on saturday I think it was. I hope it does not die, its my biggest and oldest seedling!

17. Have you transplanted it since you started it?

18. Yes I transplanted last saturday, why do you ask?

19. Because if you're leaves turn yellow you need a bigger pot... Like I said above

20. Well yea man I transplanted it into a much much much bigger pot, with good soil and some perlite. Im not trying to fert. it yet becuase i feel its just way to young to do so. I also think that the yellowing may be a Nitrogen def.? Or what they call "Cholorsis" I think i mis-spelled it heheh. I know that older leaves die eventually and I expect the cotyledons to die iu mean the plant is about 3 1/2 weeks old. The growth has also slowed down a bit hmmmm....thank you for helping me btw lord knows i need all the help I can get...I should post a pic to give u a good idea of the condition.....