Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This Will Be Extremely Controversial But...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Drugs Bunny, Sep 25, 2012.

1. #1 Drugs Bunny, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2012
    I have been smoking every day for well over a year now, i started at 2g every 4 days, over time it started to increase to half that and over the past 10 weeks i've been consuming at least 1g a day as a benchmark, often 1.5g and sometimes 2-3g, this was partly because of my high tolerance. I broke up with my girlfriend 9 weeks ago and about a week later I started getting morning sickness and with it my appetite was completely gone - until I smoked of course.

Every morning I have been waking up extremely sick, I throw up and I barely eat. I've lost 22LBs and my doctor thinks it's due to stress (but I made up with my girlfriend) and after a urine test and blood pressure/sugar test it all seems normal.

I stopped smoking weed for 4 days and the sickness stopped (still lost 3lbs). The next day I smoked and the next morning I was fine so I thought I could rule weed out as a cause - however I smoked that day and the sickness came back the next morning.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was reading the article above and it seems scary, i'm usually the person arguing against anti weed morons but I think it might be related to my problem. I'm going to stop smoking and report back, I neither agree nor disagree that weed is causing my problems, but I can't rule it out.

EDIT TAKEN FROM OTHER THREAD: You body becomes dependent on the different cannabinoids and stops making them because you are getting it from smoking. When you aren't smoking (8hrs of sleep) your body is low on these cannabinoids. These cannabinoids that your body would normally make are not being made because your endocannabinoid system gets all it needs from you smoking all day.

2. Take a t-break for a week or two and see how you feel.

3. weed has to much thc in it yet now a days causing this problem not enough cannabanoids ........wonder if smoking mids would solve the problem

4. Take a break man. Cannabis isn't going to get your head straight with the added stress of the break up.

Get your head straight, then smoke. If this means taking a year off, so be it. You will be thankfull in the end.

Stress and psychoactives don't mix. In fact they bring out underlying issues. Get your head straight man.

5. Take a multivitamin, omega 3 fish oil pills, and just take a run until you're burnt out. 10-15 minutes with a little fast paced running in there for me. And drink water instead of soda and shit. I promise you'll feel better after one just one day. Gets your body jump started and nice n' flushed out.

Anddd sleeping right after eating. Don't do it. This last part is what fucks with me mostly. Some mornings my stomach will be killing me and others it's completely fine. It always helps to eat a bowl of cereal right when I get up too

6. You should probably smoke in moderation and control your intake.

7. That would/could probably help.. but nahh haha

8. #8 SelfGoverned, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    edited

9. Look up and trace roots of the sources of such fabricated conditions and convenient causes...you may be surprised...

ya, seems based on the same 'science' that proves pot causes schizophrenia... :p

10. Clean up your diet, that should help with the chronic abdominal pain. Cut out processed foods. Eat as much fresh fruit and veggies as possible, eat smaller meals (5 small ones compared to 3 or less big ones). Switch to drinking water,it will help smooth things out. Try to sleep on a regular pattern. Stop smoking for the time being. Give it about a month to get everything in order, then try moderate usage (don't get stupid high). Start exercising daily (doesn't have to be a 10 mile run, take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk your pet if you have one). That should help sort out the symptoms, if it doesn't help, you may have to quit smoking. I know it sucks but its not worth the discomfort.

11. Stop smoking and get some home cooked meals into you and maybe like 01bullit said try a multivitamin, you sound run down bro. Smoking on an empty stomach leads to nausea in a lot of people I know.

12. Are you fucking kidding me!?

What is up with all these threads? LMAO

13. Werd I'm wondering the same.

14. The morning sickness is because you're pregnant. The loss in appetite is because your vagina has a yeast infection.

It's marijuana. Come on.

15. [quote name='"cball"']

ya, seems based on the same 'science' that proves pot causes schizophrenia... :p[/quote]

Come on man I usually enjoy your contributions but you know you're making this up. Nobody says pot "causes" schizophrenia. The new studies correlating marijuana with schizophrenia claim that for a very small percentage of people with a certain gene, marijuana can bring out latent (I.e already existing) schizophrenia.

As far as cannibinoid hyperemisis goes, just because I've never experienced it doesn't mean I believe it can't happen. Just because I smoke weed doesn't mean I believe it can never cause problems for anyone ever. However, the studies on this topic are new, and it's thought that just like the marijuana/schizophrenia thing, it only effects a very very small percentage of people.

There's no way that every person on GC in the past few weeks starting a topic about it actually has it.

16. I think that since i smoke all day it keeps my stomach settled and i rarely have to use the restroom (besides peeing) so everything builds up through out the day and then i wake up with all that still in my stomach... if i dont eat too much or i eat healthy, its not nearly as bad.