Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This should work right? (Edibles question)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by uRbAnDieSeL*ATL, Feb 16, 2009.

1. #1 uRbAnDieSeL*ATL, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    I have an idea that I really wanna put to the test, and since I work at a coffee shop, why the hell should I NOT try this?

Steam 10oz Whole Milk extra hot, around 190-200 degrees. add a tea bag that has green in it and let simmer for a little. (10-15 min??) I was thinking 2-2.5 for 10 oz..

It should be possible but yet seems so easy. Could I add a small amount of butter into the milk to make the fat content even higher and would this affect the ultimate outcome of the drink? I could easily add various flavors (vanilla, hazelnut, etc) or honeys to make it taste better.

Seems like this should work and if it did, it would be easy as hell for me. I could just steam up some extra hot milk before I leave, go out to the car, pop in a tea bag and drink away in a good quarter hour. I think I may try it out later this week!

2. I too work at a coffee shop, and it just so happens that I have tried this. Now, while it is entirely possible that i didn't use enough (1g good headys for 20oz. half and half), and it is also possible that I didn't get it hot enough (160), but from my experiences it doesn't actually work excessively well.

3. you need to get the bud to a higher tempurate to convert the THCA to THC. most people before doing edibles in liquid will bake their for at about 300-350 for about 5 minutes before adding it to their solvent. keep in mind that the thc vaporizes at 380 so keep an eye on the bud if you bake it first to make sure no vapor emits from the bud, otherwise you're losing valuable medicinal substance.

4. I did this the other day at home. I used whole milk with a little cream and a bit of melted butter. I just double boiled it with 1 g of ground up bud in the milk for about an hour and then strained it. I dont think you have to do it that long but i had time and wanted to make sure it worked. I had to water it down because it was really thick but it was not bad with a little cinnamon and it definately got me baked.

5. You'd be better off adding already infused cannabutter to the drink. The way you describe won't extract much THC at all.

6. You can also use buttermilk for the extract and keep some around for creamer.