This shit just went underground...

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by catfish swiming, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #41 catfish swiming, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011

Ok ill just stick with my diagram... you know to save money.

I have also come up with another brilliant idea to save money. Instead of PVC im gonna use a 1.5L drink bottle (i used to use for smoking buckets haha) and some fiberglass tubing i assume is for a fishing rod. could you draw where the best place to put the tube would be? also would i need to cut the bottle shorter?
    urperlurd3.JPG

Attached Files:

2. AAAAAWWWWWWHHH YEAH! The tude got my payment and they are currently Processing/Packing it. 12x purple widdow, 1x super lemon haze FEM. Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

3. Just make sure your intake is lowish, so it will nicely blow on soil below the plant, and make sure the outtake is quite high, near the light level. I'm so confused as to how you're going to do this now, but I look forward to seeing progress :p

4. Your lights wiring diagram is a shortcircuit. Look up parallel circuits or do like in Mogi's pic.

5. Ok ive done the outtake system. Just a 1.5L coke bottle, chopped of the end and put it inside out then took a cough syrup measuring cup and put a hole on the side of it and glued the coke lid to it then glued it all up. I wont actually stick the tube in until the day i bury it or the bottle will just break of. Its only hot glue so yeah... Pretty ingenious right? cost me next to nothing.

The tube is made out of fiberglass and what i assume is for a fishing rod frame.

outake.JPG

6. Just a thought: I have and continue to consider an underground grow. If I was to do it I'd run a small pvc pipe straight into the rootball leading up to just above the ground with a cap on it to keep rain out. I'd also rig up a webcam under there that I could plug my laptop into when I went out to check on it. That way you can water and check on the plant without having to dig it up or mess with a trapdoor and recovering it every time, just when you need to mess with the soil.

7. Do it bro. It sure is keeping me busy

8. I've gotta come across a few more seeds before I have a need for more space but then I'll be looking into it. Maybe over the summer when I'm not at school.

9. If you got any cash you could order online. Im getting 12 purple widow seeds for 14EURO'S soon. That's pretty cheap man.

I also have done a bit more work on the box today and id say im about 65% done

10. So i tried to germinate 9 seeds and only 4/9 actually germinated. The rest are bunk. I still have them sitting in moist soil with my fingers crossed.

The 3 outdoor ones are purple widdow and the one under lights is Amsterdam Skunk Feminized, it is actually there but you cant see it on the picture because the seed shell is still on top. Its been around 4 days since germination and its about 1 inch tall. Should i be worried about this? I can see some green sticking out of the sides and i tried to remove the seed shell gently but no dice. Should i just wait for it to fall of naturally or try remove it? I'm guessing the best thing to do is let it happen on its own
    boxwithlights.JPG

lightbox.JPG

wizardofoz.JPG

11. Thats really cool looking.

12. cool man thanks. Also for the last 3 days we had straight heavy rain. And its still running 100% Waterproof motherfucker! I now have complete faith in this setup.

13. [quote name='"catfish swiming"']cool man thanks. Also for the last 3 days we had straight heavy rain. And its still running 100% Waterproof motherfucker! I now have complete faith in this setup.[/quote]

Awesome! I hope everything goes well! Cant wait to see what this set up will yield for you pal! :) happy new year! :)

14. i really dont think it can get more stealth than that lol good luck would love to see a harvest

15. fucking awsome !! plus rep, my setup is so micro right now to, i cut my grow tent in half lmao.

16. Very unique man! I'm subbed!

17. blasphemy

18. hahah not litereally cut it... but instead of using two poles connected together for each side support i only used one pole and bunched my tent up at the bottem so its half the size, its working good :)

19. any one know what i should do about the seed shell stuck on the indoor plant? its blocking light from the leaves and i dont think the leaves can break open the shell. Should i try pry it open or leave it? its been about 5 days or so since germination.

Shitty nirvana seeds it was actually 5/10 seeds actually germinated

20. If you're careful, you can remove it. I do it all the time... sometime the shell will come off, but there'll be a membrane holding the pod leaves together, you can pick that off too... Just be gently.

-Loki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.