This season been a hell of a ride and it ant over yet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sapperdaddy735, Sep 9, 2016.

1. My girls survived a bleach attack from my girl. I spray for cattipilers and the one plant that didn't bounce back from the bleach no looks like it has trips everything else looks so good I want to eat it.

Attached Files:

2. If you had caterpillars, you may very well have bud rot. Check carefully to make sure. Next time, use Seven Dust for caterpillar protection. I don't know if you've ever heard of it before, but it's a powder insecticide that we've used for years and years here for veggies. We have problems with caterpillars late in the summer. But you can sprinkle the stuff on your MJ plant all throughout the season and when you harvest it or just before, take a hose and gently rinse it off. Like I said, we've used it for years and years and so far, none of us have ever died from eating veggies treated with it and caterpillars will drop like dead weight as soon as they come in contact with it. It's a better route than bleach. At the end of Jan or early Feb, go ahead and start your seeds for next year. By the time danger of frost is over, you can have some really nice size and well established plants to go into the ground. Give them good drainage, good soil and all the sun they can stand, and you'll have monsters by the fall. But as they mature and get heavy with resin, it's like they become magnets for pests when growing outside. You have to be vigilant and check daily for the things and know what to use and how to use it when they do hit. Seems like the higher the humidity, the worse they are...but that's just a personal assumption on my part. The more you grow, the better you get at it. But keep this in mind...it's all about the light source and not nearly as much to do with nutes like so many new growers believe. Nutes are just plant food and they really don't need it till they expend the nutrients in the soil they're growing in. Giving too early or too strong just burns your plants and sets them back. But it's all a learning process and takes time to get it all together...or it did me with the indoor grow. I grew outside for years, but nothing serious. After I learned what I was doing I grew off 4 weakling clones that I was just going to toss, outside on our deck and they were monsters. Anything you grow outside (if it's in a container), get it up off the ground. The closer they are to the ground, the more likely stuff will crawl up through the drain holes of the container. Getting them up, reduces the chance of that happening. Best of luck to you! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. i would never put anything directly on any buds, nor on the leaves such as powder,, u can and may use it around the area you are growing like as a barrier,,, but the stuff kills bees so i wouldnt use it.

4. No my girl tried to kill my plants in march there 7 ft now. In full bloom I give them a once a week spray with safer soap. To prevent my bad I did not make it clear. thank you for advice

5. I use safer soap

6. lol some girl you have there... glad shes not mine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dude u must have ten foot monsters if u started in Jan I started in march in ten gallon pots then I put them in the ground I feed twice a month

8. She gets emotional but I have a lock on my green house now

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1