Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

this really pissed me off

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rexixtanxe420, Apr 25, 2009.

1. So i was burning wit my bro n a new girlfriend of his so while we were smoking i mentioned that WE smoke almost every day, so after we dropped her off he tol me really mad like "yo i dont like it wen u tell ppl i smoke everyday" it got me mad cuz its like wat is there to be ashamed of. has anyone been in this position? i think its hippocracy:mad:

2. That made my brain hurt.

Anyways, even though you know that he smokes everyday I would not make it a habit to tell new peolpe that he meets about it. It is up to him to tell people about his hobby, not you. I have friends who know I smoke but I've yelled at them before for telling other people that I did. It is not anyone's business whether I do or not. People also develope an immediate negative opinion of you if they think you are just an everyday junkie.

Sorry to bust your bubble bud. But there was nothing wrong with him being upset.

3. I feel you bro. But I can see where he's coming from with the new girlfriend and all. Just let your friend know that if you're gonna cover for him, he needs to let you know before you all get high together, lol.

4. Yes i understand that people have a negative opinion out stoners but if a girl really likes u for who u r she should except u for who u are. Ive had plenty of girls dat dont smoke n no i smoke all da time! it aint no big DEAl its nottin to be embarresed about...are ya embarressed about being a stoner?

5. Its not about being embarrassed of being a stoner. I would stop smoking if i really liked a girl and she diddnt smoke. Weed isnt my life.

However, he is right to be upset, but he should have told you not to say anything about it beforehand.

6. I can see where your bro was coming from, I mean, its one thing for people to think you blaze a little, but every day makes you seem like a junkie to some people. If she was smoking with you all, i don't see much problem with it, its not like she has a problem with smoking, but for future reference, say that YOU smoke daily, let your bro decide on his own story.

Just like business, play a game of cover your ass, and just only release your own personal info, not other people's personal info. But also tell your bro to give you advance warning of seemingly harmless things to say that he doesn't want said.

7. #7 Deleted member 170731, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2022

8. Some people don't like broadcasting their smoking habits to other people in their lives for obvious reasons. If you're a friend, you'll respect that, even if you don't agree with it.

9. I'd be mad too :/ But your potentially right cause if its a new girlfriend shes going to find out anyway.

10. Co-signed with everyones replies

11. you may be right about whether he should be completely upfront in the beginning of a relationship about his habits (or you may be wrong and it would be better if she got to know other sides of his personality first so that she won't pass judgment when she does learn about his habits)...but either way you should respect his request because it's him you are talking about. he prolly shudnt have gotten mad tho if it was an honest mistake tho.

12. I think your friend has a point. I don't like to tell everyone i smoke daily. Not because i'm ashamed of it but because your stereotypical 'pothead' smokes all day and does fuck all. Even though i know smoking weed everyday doesn't mean your the stereotypical 'pothead', other people don't understand that.

I can see where your coming from though. It would be cool to see fellow smokers be more open about it. Thats life for you though :smoking:

13. Thanks guys for ur opinions, its just i feel like there is alot of succesful people who smoke bud every day and smoking bud doesn't make you a less intelligent person both my brother and I are very productive... i guess i want everyone to see that even thoe we are STONERS!! that doesnt make us stupid and junkie but i do agree with everyone here I should put his business out there and it made me realize that I should keep some shit personal!

14. Regardless, his habits are his personal life, and if he does not like to make it a known fact that he smokes weed, then that is his choice.

Just becasue you do it doesn't mean you have to be proud of it.

15. ya bro that would kinda piss me off 2..if they havej they dont what people to know they smoke then they shouldnt do it..i guess u should respect him and listin tho..and sorry if this dont make anyr sence im fukin bakedd right now:smoking:

16. #16 Green Goose, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Ahhh run on sentence...

He probably has some internal conflicts about smoking so much marijuana (pressure from parents, maybe that girlfriend of his who you blurted that out ). Because of this he takes this shame a projects it onto you because you brought up a topic which should have remained unsaid, which of course you didn't know.

I'd be willing to bet that you have a similar reservation about smoking everyday. You feel that he can't get mad at you about it because 1. he does it and 2. (this is the unconscious part) you have the same reservations. Emotions are automatic, he's a hypocrit and has some baggage to work out but so does everyone. Tell him where you're coming from, and if that doesn't work perhaps find more mature mellow people who won't jump off the handle at you. I'm not saying he wasn't right for what he said, but the way he said it (angrily i assume?) wasn't right. Just because you thoughtlessly blurted something like that out in front of a new acquaintance without him telling you not to doesn't give him justification to be mad at you, only himself for not telling you sooner. If you should feel anything it's a little embarrassed (which probably transfered into frustration towards your friend) that you hadn't considered this possibility before you said what you did.

Whoa... :smoking:

17. I want my name kept off everyones' tongue.