This really pissed me off.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DeglazeThatPan, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Weed causes cancer....MY ASS. No one in history has gotten cancer from weed. They bs everything.

2. Ahh you are just opening your eyes to all the bullshit in this world. The same thing goes to all other drugs that are commonly abused drugs (if you don't do them, you might share the same prejudice as some of the people out there) I have pretty much come to ignore anything that I am told about a drug by anyone because they have no real idea of how the human body works (in comparison to me).

I can't remeber what the exact link was, but some where on www.theantidrug.com was a 'story' of a guy told from the perspective of his brother.

"My older brother went to a party, all his freinds were smoking and they peer pressured him into taking a hit of a marijuana cigerette (joint). He didn't want to but he did anyways. He got stoned. They forced him to take the entire joint and make him finish it. After that they forced him to finish 13 joints. He began to convulse and it took them 10 minutes to call 911. It was too late. The autopsy revieled that he had 3 times the lethal dosage of weed in his body."

And it led me to wonder, what they point of lying about somthing like this was. Because all it would do is frighten parents, and give them a worse image of drugs.

3. if weed causes cancer then it is probably like 1 out of 10 billion people cause no one has had cancer from it like easylivin said. also i can feel the cigarettes burning my lungs so i quit them. when i smoke a joint its like im breathing air.. it is smooth and doesn't seem bad for me at all.

4. Damn the pictures of bud they show could make you think bud actually does cause cancer. That shit is Schwag, with a capital S.

5. I think the real question is what DOESN'T cause cancer??

6. if weed causes cancer can someone please explain to me why they use medical marijuana to help chemo therapy patients...i hate anti drug sites, its all stupid bull.
    like a doctor is really going to give that to people who are getting rid of cancer if it causes it. people are so stupid sometimes.

7. Well, come on, man, it's not as if those people would care one way or another if the pain killer they were ingesting caused cancer. They've already got cancer, and it would take prolonged exposure to MJ smoke to create a risk for cancer, assuming it does have the same carcinogenic qualities as tobacco smoke.

Studies suggest that marijuana smoke does contain some of the same compounds as tobacco smoke, but the rate at which people who smoke nothing other than marijuana develop cancer is lower than the respective rates for both those who smoke marijuana and cigarettes and those who smoke only cigarettes.

Those who smoke only cigarettes develop cancer at a much higher rate than those who smoke both. Considering the implication of the information on the website linked earlier in this thread, it seems counterintuitive to think that THC actually might prevent cancer from developing. That's precisely what the most recent scientific evidence suggests, though.

If nothing else, the government needs to allow greater research into marijuana and hemp. It's just silly to prohibit anyone from conducting research without receiving their marijuana from government-run facilities.

8. I'm pissed too! You see this week I watched marijuana HELP three separate cancer patients. So awesome to watch someone devastated from chemo, unable to eat, unable to sleep, smoke a little or have an edible and perk right up! Smile even! Eat, sleep, and have an all around better life because of this healing plant. Trust when I tell you, although the stories are personal, marijuana is part of the cure not the cause. Your media probably wont tell you these stories as Big Pharm doesn't want us using anything to heal they don't give us and therefore profit from. Don't believe their propaganda. IMO Much Love.

9. Not only does weed not cause cancer, but it cures cancer. Hemp oil!

10. yeah basically 90% fake and lies. (the 10% being the effects of dry mouth) lol.

11. glad i found this thread
    i have this annoying friend who doesn't smoke and would always throw these facts at me to get me to stop smoking weed

12. yeah, luckily i dont have any friends like that... throw some facts at him or her....

13. the only thing in my health class in school says is bad about marijuana is that it contracts bronchial tubes. and its illegal, thats about it. lol

14. haha i remember health class. i took it as a freshman and i remember all those videos they would show us about what would happen if we ever tried drugs. hahahha

like this guy taking a hit of a joint before picking up his prom date. on the way to prom he couldn't control himself (he's high remember hahaha) and crashes into this newleywed couple.
    oh good times in health class

15. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same cancer-causing compounds as tobacco, sometimes in higher concentrations.Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.

When I read this all I can think about is the scumbag who volunteered for marijuana testing at some point in time and kept smoking cigarettes behind the researchers back cause they couldn't kick the habit.

Thanks.

16. I remember one of those videos from my 8th grade health class also. Some girls boyfriend takes a hit from a jay, and then proceeds to beat her later in their relationship.

Moral of that video: MARIJUANA MAKES BOYFRIENDS BEAT THEIR GIRLFRIENDS TO A BLOODY PULP.

17. LOL! its just as bad as cigs!
    Its NATURAL!!! if you smoke like a huge 1 pound joint or a joint every other min then you will probably have problems, but those problems are related with you not getting enough oxygen!

18. maybe the dude was just baked stiff for smoking such chronic buds!

19. Times like these I wish I was a good hacker so I could go in and change their "facts" for them lol