This really blows my mind

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SensiNinja111, May 10, 2011.

1. Okay so basically ive been thinking about space and i need your opinions. First off how is there outer space and does it go on forever? I almost get frusterated by thinking about how it even got there in the first place and how long it is...

2. Well, if Einstein is correct that we could never travel at the speed of light, what if the universe is expanding at the speed of light? Even if it wasn't infinite, we would never be able to know how big it is...

Just a thought :smoke:

3. This is true..its truly mind fucking isnt it??? I ponder

4. yes, yes it is. :smoke:

5. I love when people tell which way is up, down, left, and right.

There are no directions in the universe. You can't go upward into the universe can you?

Imagine floating in space watching the earth from the standard angle our maps use. Then if you spin your body "upside down" and you look at earth, it's not like your looking at an upside down earth. There is no gravity in space. There is no direction. Shits crazy...

6. Space rules :smoke:

7. This sounds like a sneaky way of getting info for a paper you have to write for school that's due tomorrow ;)

Anyways... asking how is there outer space is like asking what happens when we die.
    There's guesses, but that's all there will be - nobody can honestly know.

But keep asking questions like this! This is how advances in science and the evolution of the brain and individual happen.

You know what I think? I think I don't have the slightest fucking clue what's going on all around us, but we're so small, no words can describe how insignificant we are in the vastness of this world (and by world, I mean the physical universe). At the same time, EVERY FUCKING THING that you know is connected... connected by whatever IT is... when it comes down to it, everything is made of the same raw energy, and that shit is flowing...

Enough ranting on my part, you get the picture.

8. Here on earth (and as humans in general) we're surrounded by restrictions and limitations. Space, there is none. It just is what it is.

9. everything seems to be one big restriction

10. If the bacteria in your stomach were sentient I bet they would imagine your body is beyond comprehension in it's size, and when you look at the grand scheme of the Universe, it is not It that is big, but us that are small, as the majority of what we see out there is all gigantic compared to us, even the smallest planets.

This Universe does have bounds though, it's shape is a dodecahedron (and now we wait....), however outside of our Universe is spaceless and timeless, and it's possible there's plenty of other dodecahedrons that make up a molecule in some even larger world or something, as Infinity is the only way things could exist.

11. [​IMG]

12. How do you know this?

13. Thank you blades this does help alot. And no haha im not writing a paper

14. If we have an "Outer Space", Would there be an "Inner Space" for our "Outer Space"?

15. yeah man one thing that really gets me is all these things we have made up to be able to fit into this society. I dont want to be a sheep and play follow the leader. I am my own person. We are all insignificant in this universe. Infact we are doing harm in this universe. We are destroying our earth. I dont live in New Zealand, Africa, the UK or Russia! I live on planet earth, We all need to develop a global perspective and come together as one. Drop the terrorism, the raceism, the DEA and police. In my opinion everybody should have the common sense for us to not even need the police.

I think we need to stop thinking of the police as pigs. they are people too. They just happen to have that certian occupation. Two wrongs don't make a right. We need to come together in peace, as one and celebrate life everyday. Wether it be with alhocal, mushrooms, lsd, pot or even without chemicals. Because thats all they really are. Chemicals that enter our brain and change our perception of the world around us.

I think we need to drop the technology and become self sufficient. No more televison, no more xbox or playstation. we need to get out and go fishing or bush walking. Foraging for food instead of walking to the supermarket and picking up a box of coco puffs or fruitloops. The forrest is a supermarket. You can catch birds, fish pigs, deer, mushrooms and grow your own food. use leaves to wipe your ass. For god sakes Americans use 36.5 billion toilet rolls a year. That's about 20 million trees cut down so you guys can wipe your asses. if we all used leaves we wouldnt have to cut down any trees for this.

yea sorry im sort of rambling

16. I don't know it personally just yet, I've only been told by someone who does, but give it 10-20 years and you'll be like "wow, that dude wasn't joking" lol.

17. Of course! Too me anyways, our inner space is our mind. It is what processes outer, and determines the difference.

18. I am right there with you on this blowing your mind I get so tangled in this! Anyways they can measure the curvature of space (they know it is bigger then 70 billion light years) and ultimately conclude that the curvature is infinite (both negative and positive curvature) if I am understanding correctly, there are also mathematical models that represent the universe in flat euclidean space (the best way we can since the curvature is so small) and that is also infinite. Ultimately I think it is really big in a finite "space" inside of space multiverse view, the universe as I believe which is mostly conjecture is a finite spherical object inside a bigger "space" and is so vastly huge on scale with us that it will be a long time till the instruments that will be able to tell us this are invented.:smoke:

19. agree with everything you say except there is no way in hell i'm wiping my bum with leaves.

20. #20 WhosGotTheHerb, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Very interesting to imagine isn't it? It truly is mind blowing... Do you think your "bigger space" is infinitely growing then too? (along with our universe) If so, where does it end? Could we imagine outer space as string theory? Could we then conclude infinite=the source it all began? Please post your thoughts everyone.

My instincts tell me this infiniti is the source "not wanting its picture taken" so that we can never know the answer. I believe knowledge/science truly is endless... I'd like to hear what you guys think though.