Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This probably isn't normal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wittlebrittanyy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Alright here's the deal, every time I smoke I have really bad anxiety attacks. I mean so bad I can't breathe and my heart beats out of my chest. The only way I can describe how I feel when high is like I'm doing the matrix, no bullshit. Every time I close and open my eyes I'm always like "WOAH did I die for a few minutes?" So I stopped smoking for a bit and I got pretty paranoid and I didn't feel normal for months. I couldn't sleep or eat and I always felt like I was gonna black out. I had a complete disconnect with my body and mind. Well I smoked again and after one hit of some mids I was so blown I couldn't remember my name, came home and passed out. I've never smoked again. Has anyone else ever felt like this? Probably not normal lol

2. every one gets a dif high but sounds like weeds not for you man

3. Exactly same thing happened to me the first time I actually got high. I literally thought I was dying and swore I would never try the herb again. After the attack happened I thought to myself that this is not how being weed feels like and tried it again with a mentality that I was not going to trip and to my surprise I didn't. Best high I ever had.

4. That's what a good friend told me, I think I might have to try that!

5. whenever i start to have an anxiety attack i have a beer and a smoke, it always calms me down and lets me enjoy the high

6. Yup just play some music you enjoy, have your favorite drink etc. If you expect your trip to be bad it will be. Best of luck hope you are able to discover and enjoy the benefits of the all magic herb.

7. maybe try smoking less

Weed isnt everyone

mindset and atmosphere plays a big role also.

8. I am fairly new to smoking and I have felt that anxiety too. It's directly related to how much I'm smoking. My bf (experienced) can puff away like mad, but I can only tolerate one toke, maybe two at the most. I have to wait after the first toke and if I feel anything at all in my hands, feet or eyes, then I don't do any more because for me, the mental effects hit after the physical effects, and if I continue to smoke then I get the heart racing/paranoia, etc. For me, 1 toke=very pleasurable high, 2+ tokes=bad trip.
    Every body is different and reacts differently so I'm still finding out what works for me, too.

9. Do what feels good!

If smoking the herb feels bad then don't do it. If you want to smoke it, then your "bad trips" will go away eventually.

When I first started I also had very intense highs, the only difference was I was thinking of them as "good trips" because I was always having fun when I smoked.

Pretty soon you'll realize being high is just being high and it's not a trip at all its just life.

10. Don't be afraid to put the pipe down.

11. Marijuana use brings out mental issues that are expected to come up later on in your life. For example if your family has a long history of having anxiety or dementia you are most likely to also get it, and weed just brings it on faster. I had the same thing when I started smoking I had panic attacks and was having anxiety 24/7 even when I wasn't high. I just learned how to deal with my anxiety and not make it any worse.

12. IMO. All novice smokers get anxiety one time or another when they smoke too much.

Op, take it easy, one or two tokes at a time. Wait a few minutes then take another one or two if you need (keep in mind it takes 2-15minutes to actually feel it, depending on many factors)

13. Exactly this -

14. hmmm...any actual reference from a real scientific study to back up such a claim?

...and please, don't waste time with post about 'some study' about schizophrenic people that had smoked pot as proof pot caused them to be schizophrenic or brought it out (8 out of 10 nut cases smoke X so X caused it...), instead, a real study, the actual study with the full whitepaper on how it was performed...double blind studies....

15. How are you smoking it? Spliff? Pipe? Bong? I would suggest spliff in your situation, and maybe try mixing with tobacco (or a healthier herbal blend) so your mind and body aren't getting overloaded with a chemical that it isn't used to. Pass your spliff around a group so that your high is gradual or, if you're on your own, smoke it slowly.

However, weed isn't for everyone, so maybe it's not a great idea for you. Try my suggestion and see how it goes bro.

16. I'd be interested in reading this too!

17. I'd also love to read this. After quitting smoking pot I was actually diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder..Want to know if there is any link to it from smoking, maybe it brought it out lol.

18. You don't think marijuana has any effect on mental illnesses?

19. Weed can definitely induce panic attacks in some people. Could just be that the weed you're smoking is too strong for you to handle, or if you use a bong or vaporizer it may be the method. Or it may be that weed simply isn't for you and will always make you feel this way. If you feel the urge to try it again, I would encourage you to do so as long as you do it very carefully. However, It would not surprise me if you decided to never smoke again.

20. Try dank instead, get yourself an Indica with more CBD than THC and don't smoke a lot, smoke less you'll still get high.