This Moment

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by YEM, Feb 1, 2010.

1. #1 YEM, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
    What is this moment? This moment is constantly transforming, it is in a dance. Paradoxically, it is still, unmoving, unchanging even though it is always changing. So many things are moving their way through the dance, yet the dancer remains the same. What is permanent allows impermancence to dance right through. This impermance lets another layer of impermance to dance through it and so on and so on. Your thoughts?

2. The other day I looked down at my hands and realized every atom that made them was billions of years old

3. Have you ever pondered the incredible journey those atoms have taken? Just the thought that every one has likely passed through millions (if not billions) of organisms just to get to you is mindblowing. But then think how far they came to get to earth in the first place!

If there is anything about life that inspires awe in me, that would have to be it. Oh, and the fact that every living thing on this earth shares a common ancestor. We really are all connected: we're all family to some extent or other.