This is why a new outlook is needed!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PotPrincess.x0, Jan 28, 2010.

1. So this really got under my skin.

I write for a paper, and yes, sometimes my articles are about marijuana. I dont think its a big deal, but whatever.

So I wrote a very well-written (if I do say so myself :cool: lol) opinion piece about why cannabis should be legal and how there wasn't even a valid reason for making it illegal in the first place... well in Canada anyway.

I gave it to my editor and got it back and he loved it and said I was brave to even write it. Then some people I work with found out about it and started talking shit and saying how it would never get published or anything. So of course, I went out of my way to make sure it got published, and it did.

The day that paper came out, everyone was talking shit - in the same room as me - about how it never should have gotten published and everything. It's not like I wrote a stupid stoner piece that was like "I love to smoke weed and get high hahahaha :p" it was solid facts.

So this just proves exactly what I wrote about in the article! These people are all so close-minded and proved my point perfectly. It bugs me so much when people are so ignorant. I especially hate when people say they hate marijuana but they've never even tried it. I can't even explain how much it frustrates me.

I'm sure you other blades have these problems all the time, too?

2. Yes people are just fucking stupid I have zero hope left for humanity honestly...

3. This would've been a good read too :p pretty solid fact as well no?

4. dude, every time i think that weed is fairly well understood, even by people that choose not to use it... i am proved oh so very wrong. its really annoying.

5. exactly. I always feel like things are moving in the right direction, but nope, they aren't.

6. + Rep to you for spreading the word and being brave the way you did. Props :smoking:

7. fuck em.. fuck em right in the air with your knowledge

8. Hey, by everyone saying it wouldn't get published and it did, you just proved them all wrong. But what "shit" are they exactly saying? And most likely you can counter whatever they say with statistical facts. Is there a chance we can see the article? I'd like a good read about now.

9. whatever its not our job to change people that just means more herb for the rest of us I think as the newer generation grows into adulthood weed will be less stigmatized and will be legal we can only hope that it comes sooner rather than later yes?

10. They were saying how it didn't belong in the paper and that there are more important things to be writing about, blah blah blah...

I'll post the article right now, but keep in mind, that it is Canadian.

11. Here it is. I hope I uploaded it properly.

Attached Files:

12. That surprises me, I would think a lot of people would find it interesting because it's something you don't find often in papers, unless it's in the arrest section. Looking forward to reading it.

13. whoa mad +rep.

very well written :D what paper was it published in?

14. "It's time to grind up Canada's current view on cannabis, roll up a new approach, and spark discussion for a new direction."

[​IMG]

Overall I liked the article. Have you ever by chance seen the Canadian documentary on cannabis The Union?

15. Of course. Thats where I got the 1938 Popular Mechanics article idea

16. sorry, privacy :eek:

17. awesome article:hello:

18. Nice article, I especially like your closing statement haha. Very clever. As far as the people hating on you (and they are hating), just use it for fuel, baby. You wrote a very nice piece, got it published, and now they're jealous. Congrats, that's a good feeling imo.

19. lol. privacy doesnt exsist on the internet :rolleyes:

corin.:D