This is the best night of my life!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MileHighChick, Nov 5, 2008.

1. not only did barack obama win the presidency tonight, i smoked pot with my father for the first time.

that was the short concise version..here's the long-ass whole story. it's totally worth it, though. :p

so, i go to dinner with my mom and watch the election coverage in the bar for a couple margaritas. we go back home, and start watching the election coverage together. this is my first time being able to vote, and my family is a bunch of proud as hell flaming liberals. so it's a big night. wooot.

my dad gets home at about 9 pm, and sits down to watch the coverage with us. while they're both sitting in the room, i tell them that if barack gets elected, we have to smoke a bowl for obama together. my parents know i smoke, and are both former smokers (my dad sold as well) but they don't do it at all anymore. at least in front of me, that is. my mom's been around me while smoking a couple times, but she's really fairweather about smoking it herself.

my dad immediately says "nooo i can't. i get tested at work. i can't risk it." my dad works for a very large, very conservative government contractor, so his excuse was completely legit. my mom says "absolutely not, lauren! you can't do that here! and i won't do it with you!" so i basically tell them they both suck, and that after they went to bed i was gonna smoke on the porch. i've never been this open with them before, but i felt like tonight was the night, since it's time for change in the nation, it should be time for change for me too.

shortly after this conversation, obama is projected to be president by cnn and msnbc etc. i'm jumping up and down yelling around the room freaking out, and my mom and dad look like they're tired and fading fast. i convince them to stay up for barack's speech, but my dad decides to watch it up in his room instead. (my parents sleep in separate rooms, that info's kinda necessary.) he said good night and headed upstairs. my mom and i chill downstairs till his speech starts, and my dad comes back downstairs to watch it with us. as soon as it's over, my mom gets up and goes straight to bed. after she's in her room, my dad leans over to me and says "i'll take a hit with you for him, but not a whole bowl."

i was like "fuck yea, dad! this is awesome!" we awkwardly watch the newcasters babble for like, 30 seconds, and then we both get up and go outside. i load about half a bowl into my favorite peice, which was conveniently in my purse with my new half eighth i picked up earlier tonight. very dank, dark green headies with a ridiculous amount of thrichomes on it. mystery strain, though. smells delicious as well.

as i was loading the bowl, i warned my dad that this was high quality 21st century well grown chronic, and it was nothing like the brick schwag he used to sell in PA in the 70's and 80's. i hand my dad the pipe for the first hit, and he hit it like a fucking champ! once a stoner, always a stoner, eh? he hands it back, and i take a modest hit too.

we came back inside, and watched the colorado results on tv. about five minutes into it, he started talking back and debating with the newscasters. :smoking: i was typing to my boyfriend on AIM, and cracking the fuck up laughing. he then got really restless and couldn't seem to get comfortable, but not in a bad way, he didn't seem distressed at all.

he told me thanks for the hit, and that he would sleep really well cause of it, got up and went upstairs for bet. but not before he told me not to tell me mom. HAHA.

sorry that was so long, but this is just such an amazingly historical night for me! awesomeness!

2. Awesome!!! I didn't have any weed tonight but I did eat half a hit of acid and I went fucking nuts when he won... I wish I could smoke with my mom, not my dad (Recovering drug addict) but she said that she won't until I am 21....

3. nice! well be patient! 21's not too far away, i'm assuming.

4. And this is why I love Denver, and the super chill people that live there :hello:
    Good story!

5. Sounds a bit risky with him getting tested and all, but I'm sure that was just an excuse.

Great night for you man. I wish I could smoke with my dad. :rolleyes:

6. depending on what level security clearance the company may require their employees to have. I know a lot of GS jobs that piss test very regularly and randomly. These can even be observed UA's to defeat substitution of urine. I've also seen quite a recent trend towards the harder to defeat hair follicle testing

Not tryin to bring anyone down, just speaking from experience and putting the info out there. I'm sure your dad knows the limits and what he can and cannot get away with

7. haha nicee i smoke with my step father here and there, does get kinda awkward though

8. yea i smoked with my dad before. it was awkward. he took one hit, coughed like a bitch and was done. tell you the truth i was quite disappointed. but that was a year ago or so. i think im gunna ask him again sometime soon.