Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This is so wrong it makes me rage.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bob weedley, Oct 20, 2010.

1. She's is wrong but she's going in a right direction. One joint puts about the same amount of carcinogens in your lungs as 5 cigarettes. But thats from the smoke not the weed itself.

2. #4 InfiniteWisdom, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
    and cigarettes are addictive so those who smoke them will smoke a lot more often than those who smoke weed. so even though 1 joint=5 cigarettes you can't really say that smoking weed causes any more damage overall, unless you smoke like a 1/4 oz every day.

3. #5 Gotalighter?, Oct 20, 2010

My response to this statement is prove it, i can see it having some maybe even more carcinogens, but NOT 5 times the amount, specially cause youre comparing it to CANCER STICKS. iv never heard of cyanide and anthrax in my bud, have you?

Edit: after reading the article ( was waiting for it to load) i dont find this raging, shes basically saying inhaling the combusted particles of dried plant matters not good for you after a while, which is true, but i dont believe NEARLY as bad as she makes it out to be. but at least shes level headed

4. Where is she getting her facts? Sounds like shes pulling a lot of those facts out of her ass.

She says that weed kills people. Ok, prove it! Show me one goddamn study where weed has directly killed someone, and I'll show you thousands maybe millions of cases where alcohol and cigs kill people. She is wrong for even comparing the three substances.

5. Fucking kills me that THIS was the "best answer, chosen by voters". I think they meant to say best answer chosen by ignorant idiots.

All I have to say to ALL of this is SHOW me your factual proof.

6. They're just trolling.

7. Given the fact that it is uneducated, ignorant attitudes like this that continue to feed the general public with lies and deception, then I'd say we have a troll problem to deal with. :cool:

8. I hope people dont really think like this. Or, hopefully, nay sayers about a plant are very few compared to yay sayers

9. you found it man, you can change it too. Reply with ur own answer and I'm sure ppl here will support it. And give this so called "best answer" some negatives, this does not deserve to be shown as the #1. It may be a small step for public perception, but everything counts rite? Like, how many people do you think have already read that and formulated their own opinions upon it? Blasphemy I tell you :cool:

10. I'm so glad I just read that on the internet cause if it was in person , Id probably be in jail for how mad I just got.

Another rape case by the D.A.R.E program. Idk if thats in the Uk though.

11. I really grow tired of hearing this smoking anything is bad for you blahblahblah, how many pot smokers have you heard of having any medical problems from it? Cause I've seen people that are just inhaling joints all over the place at like 70 and can beat me out in a lung capacity test. I don't really believe anything would come of smoking joints all day everday, and even if something occurred it would be something very treatable, you won't get cancer and fall over dead.

12. yahoo answers a place for trolls and 8 year old kids just chill and dont take it serious

13. I have seen a couple of reports (count...2 reports) where marijuana was put down as a contributing factor to the death (auto accident and the other a suicide). However, politics I think played an incredible role in getting marijuana down on a coroner's report as both were in middle-class America. That said, those are the only two deaths I have ever seen that marijuana was put as a contributing factor (the car accident was the one that I remember getting a lot of shit, however the driver was also intoxicated on alcohol and I think ecstasy).

14. The UK as a whole is fucked up.

Yeah, lets take guns away from everybody, this way no one will have them! Except for, you know, the people that already planned to use guns to kill other people, who now can't defend themselves because they have no guns.

15. #17 Blutteufel, Oct 20, 2010
    ^
    Don't forget how they also banned katanas because a few idiots were killed by them. God forbid should anyone somehow manage to find another sharp and pointy metal thing to swing at someone....