Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

this is my story, help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by imshanee, Mar 11, 2011.

1. ok so here we go , i tend to expericne bad highs, when i smoke , sometimes, its somewhat rare, but it does happen and its a pain in the fucking balls , when it happens i completely lose my thought, and it hurts to open my eyes,i hear kind of a buzz in my head and everything seems to be shifting to one direction ,whenever it happens i just lie down, until i can get picked up and go home and go to sleep, i was wondering if its because i have a low tolerance or the shit quality of the weed, its happened to me after smoking a blunt and after hitting a g bong, can someone fill me in on why this happens? id like to know from some1 with first hand experience , thanks guys,

also! last time i smoked i was having a bad high, not like what i said above, it just wasnt fun, kind of depressing, boring, headache the hole time, and later that night i had an anxiety attack/panic attack, and i woke up with depersonalization ,its getting better and ive learned to live with it, but do you guys think that smoking would make this worse? and if i were to smoke again, i would only smoke high quality weed, and smoke in small increments until i could build up a tolerance ..

2. When i was first getting high, if I smoked mids that would always happen to me. Get yourself some primo buds, and smoke from a one-hitter and wait like 2 or 3 minutes in between packing another

3. alright, which parts happened to you?

4. This.

5. ooooh?????????/

6. hey it sounds like a combination of a couple things. For one, you obviously have a low tolerance. Maybe try smoking a little less next time. And, you are probably anticipating these "bad highs", so when you do get ultra baked, it can spiral downhill.

If I was you- next time I would take it a little easier. smoke less. take fewer hits, whatever. I would keep positive thoughts also. funny things. things that make me happy. and I would keep in mind that nothing bad can happen from smoking pot. the worst thing is you get scared. caused by yourself.

but really.... if you are that worried about it, then don't smoke. there's nothing forcing you to smoke. I just love weed and never had a bad experience in my low tolerance days, luckily.

7. how would you go about building up a tolerance?

8. Well. To elaborate. You're smoking yourself silly, blunts and gravity bongs are not the way to go. You will have a much more enjoyable experience using other pieces. But for now smoke less, conserve it, over time the tolerance will build, don't force it.

Try using a joint instead of a blunt, the tobacco is not doing you any favors. Or even a small glass pipe. Try those out, and if you are still having trouble maybe consider investing in a decent vaporizer.

9. I would get really paranoid, headache, depressed. It only happened when I started back up smoking after a year hiatus. to build up a tolerance, just start smoking more often. But like the other guy said, you don't have to smoke weed. Do it because you enjoy it, not cause your friends do it, or because you like the image or think it's cool.

10. alright i've experienced bad highs. there's been times when I would be laying on my friends stairs not being able to get up, times when I was so uncomfortable I thought i would never smoke again..haha yeh ok. but really it's gotten bad but I just pushed foward and it hasn't happened in a very long time. I blame it on either my inexperience to control my high back then or to my crazy low tolerance. The funny part is now I try to get like that...

11. sounds like you may have smoked a bit too much. ive seen new smokers hit a gravbong trying to be a champ and end up coughing in the feeble position for a few minutes. blunts are a lot to smoke too, especially if you're new. my only suggestion would be to take it a bit easier. blunts certainly have their place, but a few hits out of a bowl is enough to satisfy me every time

12. yea i think its a tolerence issue, but its not like it was my first or 2nd time smoking, i smoked a few times a week for around 2 years.. but yeah im just gonna smoke higher quality weed and take it easier

13. I remember the days back when i was fourteen and my and my bro could smoke a dub over a weekend and be very high the whole time or do it everyday after school during the week.Never experienced what your saying but enjoy the low tolerance while you can.

14. What your describing sounds like greening out to me. When you start get a sick like feeling or freak out something that sometimes helps is to eat something sugary. Smoking can cause your blood sugar to crash so some sugary munchy foods or coffee + sugar would likely help you have a bit better experience. But like some other people said dont smoke so much if that keeps happening. Smoking isn't a contest take it one rip at a time :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

15. Are you on any medications? Some meds react badly with THC and sadly it's hard to know which ones as pharma companies are not actively seeking smokers to test their wares on. I was on an anti depressant in the early 90s and it reacted terribly with pot. So I quit taking the antidepressant:D

Also to echo what others have said if you are over smoking it can give you some problems. Try a one hitter or taking your time with a joint. A couple hits here and there. See if that reproduces the problem.

16. not currently, i used to take concerta for adhd, but this never happened while i was on it, i only had it happen twice out of many times, but i just wanted to know if there was a certain reason

17. If you're worried about another bad expierience, then just prepare yourself before you smoke. I always like to throw on some Bob Marley or something that puts me in a very uplifted mood for about 10 minutes, and then start off slowly with lil one hitters. And always remember to smile and just be happy :smoke:

18. By smoking more often. Trust me, it's not something you want. If you want a lesser high, don't smoke as much.