This Is My Life Now

Discussion in 'General' started by Goggalor, Jun 5, 2013.

Go troll somewhere else. If you want, give Reddit a visit. Sounds more to your posting style.

2. Troll?

Deliberately acting like an ass to someone. You should be familiar with it considering your posts itt.

4. Why would I do that? I asked you why you created the thread.

Idk, maybe because it's relevant to my life and clearly there are other people who share my experiences given the non-trolls itt.

6. Its fairly self evident

Try tapering Goggs,gradually decreasing your drinks by 1 or 2 every 4-7 days. Or go to an in-house rehab where you can be fully monitored.

Shit's dangerous, as im sure you know.

7. Yes, other people are addicted to alcohol and/or benzodiazepines.

8. Suck it up and fix yourself.  You don't need doctors for this, just will power.  It's only been 6 months which is nothing at all.

You have to want to stop, and it doesn't sound to me like you do.

9. Well see how fun that last. You'll probably hate drinking, but still wanna drink because you'll feel you 'need' the shit. Just be careful. that shit can be a slippery slope.

And why are you doing this again? Im not against drinking, but if your drinking daily then....ya might want to reevalutate some shit. Can't mary help you with your pain/medical condition?

Thanks for the kind reply. And that would probably be the easiest way to accomplish sobriety for me. Cold turkey has never worked.

It stopped being fun long ago. The duration doesn't matter as much as the frequency. I get bad withdrawals that no Benzo has been able to cut through. I've had nightmares of extreme sleep deprivation happen to me so even one sleepless night throws my anxiety through the roof. My white blood cell count was highly elevated making my body thing it was fighting off an infection last time I tried to go cold turkey. They were high by a considerable margin.

12. Then slow down. Progressivly limit your intake til your off the booze.

We can all give you advice, but you already know it's between you and you.

Like another poster said, you gotta wanna quit, and leave this addiction behind. But it sounds that your not ready to do that. I guess you still got lower to go, before you hit the breaking point..
    it's all good tho, look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you want better than this. if not, continue to drink your life away. Good luck either way.

I want to quit so bad because the girl I love might take me back if I can get my life on track. But I'm scared, to tell you the truth. I've faced so many bad experiences with coming off drugs that it gives me nightmares.

14. Dude, you sound like a kid i know. Actually a good friend. And it's over a girl too lol. He's trippin, and i think is lonely, and severely attached to his ex.

But yeah man, it all comes down to will power. Thats bout it. The withdrawles are going to suck, but they'll iventially pass. come on dude i know you can do it. Just from post you made i know the fight in ya somewhere. lol that sounds corny as fuck, but its the truth.

oh and don't just do it for the girl. yeah that'll be a great bonus. but do it for yaself mann. love yourself.

Easier said than done, but thanks for the advice. This may also sound corny, but out of everyone else in my life, I've hated myself the most.

Before you try to quit you need to abandon the concept that benzos or any other drug should be used for the withdrawals.  You are just going to end up substituting one drug for another, especially because you refuse to get help from a doctor.  What you need to do is substitute SOBRIETY in place of the alcohol.

Ween yourself off if that's what it takes.

It's not a substitution. I've been on Benzo's for 4 years.  And cold turkey from either is not a good idea medically, according to the Dr.s you suggest I seek out.

18. I'm going to try to taper when I get down to my last 1.75. Only have 2 drinks for a while. Then attempt every other day, and so on.

19. This is what I meant when I asked what was the point of the thread. I didn't know if you wanted addiction advice, or just to update us, etc. You've gotten good advice. I just exercised, get your endorphins circulating. You might want to consider rehabilitation programs.

20. Lol last I saw those types of cheap Vodka bottle they were being dumped into a huge tub of fruit punch at a college frat party. At least get some good stuff man.