This is how we gonna legalize it.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Dipsouth420, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I was thinking of a good way to spread the word and organize an event like this, here's what I came up with:
    1. Stop talking about it and start acting. (Most important part)
    2. Spread the word by placing flyers in high traffic areas for people who would want to join. Colleges and Universities would be a great start, newspaper ads, craigslist ads, ect.
    3. Come up with some way for all potential protesters and marchers to communicate and organize. I haven't really figured this one up yet, but a forum setting like this would be great.
    4. Organize fund raising efforts, and find donations.
    5. Organize group transportaion, there has to be some people with large buses or vans that can donate for the cause.
    6. Use funds and donations to buy t-shirts, banners, picket signs ect. Or ask that everyone involved bring their own and pay for it themselves.
    7. Use donations and funds to pay for gas to and from destination
    8. All the separate groups would need to function independently, but also be organized so that they all arrive at the same time and know where to go and such.
    9. Protest.
    Any suggestions?

2. I live near DC and I'm sure as shit going to the march

3. high time should help lead us seriously if any body that works for them reads this think about it

4. We don't need the big organizations like magazines and NORML to organize this for us. Normal everyday people need to step up and take charge. I'm going to start organizing and spreading the word in my area. I'm in southern Louisiana. Anyone else that wants to get involved send me an email at marchforthegreen@gmail.com. Oh yeah and everyone start sending NORML, hightimes, ect. emails about it maybe we can get some support from them, but the important thing is to not rely fully on them.

5. hey i actually just stumbled on that webpage a few days ago, if you started that up, props man sweet idea...im up for it 100%

i emailed all the FL chapters of Norml that were listed...Im hoping i can get UCF Norml to get somn big in orlando goin

All this talk bout lazy stoners pisses me off a lil tho, that kinda attitude will never get it legalized.

6. OOh and we can get phish back together and they'll be there and play all night

7. wow these are some seriously great ideas is there anyone in the Michigan area willing to help get things moving along if i can find help ill defiantly help organize and protest

8. seriously a million man/woman march on washington is wat we need. i would fucking die for marijuana to be legalized. i see this corruption and the lies and the fact that not long ago i believed them makes me feel like a dirty pig myself. i know of atleast 40 people that would crawl to washington dc without legs to be there for this DO IT

9. I think the best way to coordinate that number of people is by working with the big reformist groups.

NORML, MPP, CSMP, DPA, LEAP, MMJ groups, etc etc etc

Get them all on board and get them to all agree on a date then let them take care of their own people. Each of them could tell you how many of their people would likely to go so you'd then know how much work you'd have to do to get the numbers up to a million.

You'd need organization and leadership to plan and execute it properly too.

10. God I'm so stoned right now, and after reading this im DOWN.

Fucking ROAD TRIP 2009 BABY.

I'm from cali - going halfway across the country for my baby girl marry jane!!!!!!!!

Speaking of which, I am also going to use my web design skills to make a pro weed website for the march sometime soon. We'll see if this thing gets far!!!

11. Shit, tonight I couldn't find any weed. I'm pissed. You know what would help? Legalization. I say we stop talking and start doing. Take action! :devious:

12. fuck yeah
    i have been talking about a revolution for so long. the internet is a really good place to spread the word on it. tell some people, pass it along, and eventually enough people will hear about it. it sucks that our planet is so big because otherwise it would be easier for us to unite. but we can sign petitions online, educate eachother, discuss things, etc. and i dont think this revolution should strictly be for legalizing pot. it should be for the government to restore our rights and let us do what we want to our bodies, and have laws against being fucked up while driving or causing harm to others. the government has gotten so fuckin far out of hand...

13. i like were your going lovebug but one crime at a time. amurica has gone too fur naw! we demand our marijuana rights god damnit! MARCH ON DC I SAY MARCH

14. hahaha. March on washington II

edit: it should be on august 28th, AGAIN

15. yeah let's do itttttttt. i could make it down to dc from cny, definately for this

16. I think, if there was a big enough march to make a difference, there is 1 thing that could make it

EVERYONE in the march, cuts there hair so that is short, very neat, not even in your eyes or anything, and where the nicest cloths you have, preferably a suit.

now THAT. would make a difference, a million people with short hair and suits, would win it, not a bunch of a dirty dreaded hippys

not that any1 here is, but iv seen marchs before, and they do have a lot of gross "hippys" in them

-BW

17. agreed. but its just too much for one stoner to handle. first i gotta get a hair cut, some new clothes and meet at a march? i don't know about you, but when I'm finished with that i'd probably forget where and when the march was.

18. hah awesome id march for that shit
    and if potheads actually did do a march it be amazingly awesome

19. well anyone can "clean up" if they wanted to...you dont have to cut your hair or dress in a suit...just don't look like a bum...slick your hair back. where something nice of corse, it really dosen't have to be a suit. we(people that smoke the herb) should not have to change anything about us. It's them that needs to change, not us. We are fighting every day in hope that the God givin herb, could one day be legalized or decrimalized if anything. maybe the march would help. The only thing I'm saying is, that we should never have to change who we are. But anyways. The march dosn't sound like a bad idea though bud.

20. First off I barely walk nevermind march! Second i forgot what we where fighting for :smoke: