This is gonna sound really dumb, but...

Discussion in 'General' started by weedfuckhead, Jun 27, 2010.

1. What exactly does "+rep" mean? I see it all over on this site, and I'm getting the general idea that it means "respect," or whatever. Am I right?

2. Yes, "rep" on this site can be seen by the little green bars over your name on your posts. To add to a members rep, you hit the button with the old school scales on it. If you look at your post, in the top right corner you will see:
    #1 (permalink) [Button with scales, this is the rep button] [Another button, dont know what htis does]

3. Yeah, what's up with that?
    I just pretend that I know what they're talking about.

4. Well guys, I feel super dumb now, especially since I never read the FAQ thing...lol.
    But thanks. Since I know how to use it now, +rep to anyone who answers. :) Thanks again.

5. this button is to report a post for rule breaking: spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

6. Just in case you didn't know, if you hover your cursor over a button or icon for a second, a little alternate caption should appear telling you what it is

7. Unfortunately the rep system is too often used by angry members that disagree with an opinion(-rep):( Guess they feel it's a way to "get even":smoking:

8. believe me, you're better off not knowing.

9. A high school phase.

10. #11 ooTRAV1Soo, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    +rep :p those blasted children always know how to get to us!