this is for YOU !!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MIDLIFE, Jan 7, 2012.

1. PLEASE
    if you have the time to state your ppm's to other growers please give conversion info also or YOU are putting some noobies plants at risk :mad:.
    personaly i use EC = NO :confused:

MILD RANT OVER CARRY ON
    Middy

2. I use PPM, and that's all. It seems to be like a pretty popular unit of measure around here. It's not like you'll be able to use their exact numbers anyways, it'll work different for everyone.

Don't you think it's a bit selfish of yourself to expect another grower to convert his hard work into information that you are happy with?

3. I use ec, it's more accurate but well.... this helps if people talk ppm :wave:

Attached Files:

4. if you use ppm you should be giving a conversion factor, or at least mention the type of meter as many are different and could cause others to over/under fertilize their plants.

EC is universal.... ppm's aren't.

5. er yes i/WE could use the exact numbers if they/you gave the conversion factor .
    and NO i don't think i am being selfish to ask for ''his hard work'' of sticking a ppm meter in to water and telling us/YOU the full info so that WE/you get the correct info.

if it helps one newbie that doesent burn/nuke the hell out of his plant and then carrys on to be someone who helps others to grow i would be happy.

Middy
    i bet you did not even know that there are different conversion numbers for many ppm meters . LMAO.

6. only if they say what conversion factor they use or it IS useless
    Middy

7. How about you purchase evry grower the pen you want us to use. You want the results then fund the research. If not deal with what your given, we are not nasa here lol

8. [quote name='King of Kings']How about you purchase evry grower the pen you want us to use. LOL , still would not help unless i/WE know what ppm meter you have
    You want the results then fund the research. i am doing
    If not deal with what your given, i am trying to
    we are not nasa here lol i know that Nasa would understand the point i am trying to get over [/QUO TE]

9. They would also ask for your funding...

10. wtf is wrong with people who do not understand the question in the first place and then only give stupid remarks.

"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result."
    -Mahatma Gandhi
    exactly

11. Even ghandi knew you gotta do your own work. You want it though you gotta try for it not ask others to who for the majority use a simple ppm meter not an ec to invest in something for you.

12. Dear king of kings YOU are missing the point , do YOU know how many ppm meters that give a different ppm reading in the same water ? no!! i thought not .

13. No I agree with that.
    I don't agree that it is rediculous to expect everyone to do this because of that first reason, no 1 ppm meter is the same and not everyone owns a ec.
    Having that readout would be nice but there really are so many other factors that ppm alone won't hold the key to anything. There is no real magic ppm zone, depending on bacteria, strain,vitamins, water and nute uptake, heat, ph and a host of other things can cause ppm/ec to fluxuate daily.

What we can do until the people with labs go in and really test this stuff is to learn your own plant. Learn from others mistakes but never expect to duplicate results.

14. that's why I vote for ec.... If I remember correctly ec stands for electrical conductivity which is a very precise measure.... ppm or particle per millions are an approximated number based on the ec reading anyway..... therefore it changes from producer to producer and it's imprecise (not useless).... but hey... more or less we are are talking about a 100 ppm error margin (from pen to pen)..... when I was a superbeginner I converted the journals and advice written in ppm always considering the "imprecise conversion factor"...... if one keeps in mind that less is more and you work your way up from there, ppm can still be as good as ec as a GUIDELINE..... even when I got advice in ec I didn't fully trust it and started at a lower number and worked my way up.... but that's me :smoke:.... It sounds to me you are anal about your data, which if you ask me, is brilliant when it comes to getting amazing results.... I'm kind of anal too so I understand your avversion to imprecise measurements :wave:

15. i do understand that many things in your grow room change the outcome of the plant,
    all i am asking is if people are giving ppm numbers it will help to know what conversion they use or newbs just go with the numbers and could damage their crop.
    a truncheon meter reading of 1400 = EC 2.0
    a hana meter reading of 1400 = EC 2.8 big difference

16. me anal !!! never :D

17. It's not the margin of error, it's the fact that ppm meters do their own math, and not all of them use the same conversion.... it could be .5, .63, .7... as Middy said; 1400 ppm is not the same EC on all meters. Incomplete information such as giving someone ppm's without telling them the type/conversion factor could result in ruining a crop.