Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This is a weird one...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jpickard22, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Okay, I just joined this forum today but I've been smoking for a few years now and a weird idea hit me. 

If you pull a fall into a water bottle, put a new cap on, and taped the bottom hole, what would happen to the smoke over time?

This question spawned out of the thought of portable hits of weed. No lighter necessary, just inhale. Kind of like a vaporizer but more portable. 

Any ideas on this? Not the portable hits of weed part, but the saving pulled-bowls or whatever for later. 

2. I dunno... Theoretically it should work, just the same way as hot boxing does. That would be awesome though, you could just put it in the freezer or something, and have ice cold hits.
    I've heard THC only stays active for a few seconds after combustion, but if that's true, then hot boxing would just be a pile of BS. I might try that out actually. Mid-way through a T-break, I start back up in 2 weeks, I will try then.

3. That smoke would taste like butt

4. Hot boxing is BS. It just makes me feel sick. Just oxygen deprivation. It's what high school kids do when they find out they can smoke in their car.

5. Or when it's freezing cold outside and or raining.  Rather be in my car with the windows up than be outside in that situation.  As far as getting more high because of the hot box, yea I call BS on that.  I'v been in hot boxed cars many times while not even smoking and never felt the slightest bit high.

6. I think hotboxing is only worth it when your smoking a blunt/joint or hash that stays cherried. Something where a good amount of un inhaled smoke filling the box. I know hotboxing can work because wheb I was really new to smoking I sat in a camper with like 7 other people and they all hotboxed, I didn't smoke any during that sesh and I got a mild high.

As for the OP, that smoke would be so stale. Its gets stale after only a few seconds

7. this haha, try to hit that shit after an hour without gagging on it, you want portable roll a joint/blunt or get a vape pen 

8. Stale as fuck son

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Not only would that taste like unwashed dick hole, it wouldn't get you high. THC doesn't last forever in smoke and will eventually just go away you'd have to hit it within a minute for it to be actually worth it. Even if it was to work it would be in no way more portable than a vape. I have a vape pen that i put in my pocket and hit wherever I want that doesn't smell at all and looks like an e-cig. Pulling out a water bottle with stale weed smoke in it would be obvious as fuck.

10. ^
    Even more obvious when he starts gagging/coughing from the awful taste

11. Evenutally some of the thc will stick the the plastic and leave you a stale, bland, shitty excuse of a hit.

Try it if you're still interested !

12. NO COMMENT ON INHALING ASS

13. #13 jpickard22, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Haha, okay, seems like a pretty good consensus here...fuck that. anything I smoke out of plastic taste's like butt now. I moved on to wax only so it's a non-issue. I did buy a vape pen and its shit. Don't bother with any pen vape yet, technology is not quite there for a true vape pen. Haven't tried wax in it yet, but I can say for a FACT that any vape pen right now (atoms raw type pens) is not a real vape...pay the extra for a magic-flight  ***at least***