This is a must read for anybody growing or keeping pot in their homes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by CouchSeeker, Apr 16, 2011.

1. I know it has been said to death on these forums and other places but it is important for everyone to know this.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

Today I decided to watch a bunch of police type reality tv and saw countless people get busted for things that, if they had known their rights and used them properly, would have gotten off with just a minor charge.

In particular there was a late 40's man who, like many people here, was tired of buying weed and decided to grow it. The police came up to the house knocked on the door and a 18 year old (his son) answered the door. They announced that they were there on a narcotics investigation and the first thing out of the kids mouth was "it's not mine" he then let them into the house where they busted a clone station, a veg station and a closet where he flowers. He was arrested for cultivation and they cut up / destroyed all his equipment.

Please, please, please! Let anyone that lives with you know what the protocol in the house is. If any officers show up explain that this family does not consent to searches and warrants are required. Make sure they know that you don't need to lie to police as you are protected by the constitution from incriminating yourself under the Fifth amendment (in America. Canada doesn't have this).

I have heard a lot of people on here talking about knowing your own rights but no one ever mentions that you should make sure that everyone in your household knows them as well.

If it's your son tell him if they show up don't let them in and if they ask to come in to call you because it's not his house.

I just felt I HAD to write about this.

2. Exactly. Do not know how many times I have watched cops or something and it's like "yes officer I consent to a search" or officer tells guy you just man up to this you will get easier time.....guy mans up to it BAM 1 year sentence or some shit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA"]YouTube - BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters[/ame]

3. Anything you say to or do for a cop will not help you out. Nothing anyone has done or said to one has EVER helped them out. Remember anything you say can be USED AGAINST you in a court of law. Not "against or for you" only against.

You have nothing to lose when you flex your rights but you have everything to lose if you waive your rights.

4. The only difference between cops and criminals is the badge.
    You should never trust them under any circumstances.
    Unless you're white and wealthy. :bongin:

5. man in canada i don't know about usa but if you are rolling in your car smoking a j and a cop rolls up. ( naturaly you put out and hide the j ) the cop come up to ur window and you roll it down the cop can smell as much weed as he wants but he canot search your car. it could be thick white pure columbian smoke and he can't search it. best law we ecer made. i had a cop pull me over in town he came up and said i need to search your car. i said what for and under what charges, he said cuzz i can smell weed. man i looked him in the eye and said if you set foot in this car you will have a harasment charge on you so fast you woulden't have time to evan blink. he said ok and went to his car and thats it. i felt like going over to his car and saying what bitch hahaha you can't search shit. but that is illeagal just though i should share this story with everyone

6. #6 CouchSeeker, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Either you are not telling the entire truth or it was a complete fabrication. I'm guessing its the latter. I'm personally Canadian, if a cop rolls up on you and a dense weed smoke rolls out your window he'd try to get a K9 unit out there to do a search. If you threatened an officer with an "harassment" charge that would just make him try harder to bust you... In other words it's a stupid idea.

I don't know who you are trying to impress or why you think this would be impressive, but personally this is the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard.

7. Haha buddy u need to do reaserch the Canadian code of conduct stats that a cop needs to have a valed search warrant to Evan enter ur car and a law is now out since 2009 that stats a cop can't search ur car no matter how much weed he smells becasuw it is already gone if he does search ur car and finds weed all u have to do is say what happened To ur lawyer will say the search was invalid so that gets u off the hook for the weed and u can sue for harassment due to the invalid search man do the reasrch before u decied to say my story isn't real it happened to me man seems like u were lucky it didn't happen to u cuzz it seems u don't know shit bout Canadian weed laws Knowlege can save ur ass some times

8. #8 CouchSeeker, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I never said that a police officer smelling weed was a valid cause to search your car. What I did say was that if it was obvious, and you threatened him with "harassment" he would have probably tried to get a K9 unit out there....A cop searching your car illegally does not make you able to bring up a harassment case...

9. Evan if he brought the k9 team where is his evidence up in smoke he needs hard evidence if he doesn't have any no dog r showing up man

10. Actually, the 2009 thing was only one case in Saskatchewan where the jury ruled that it didn't matter if it smelled like dope since it's already gone, there is nothing to charge him with, doesn't make it a law buddy.

You sound like you're 7...

11. Canada sounds sweet because in Florida (U.S.) If you tell a cop what he's not going to
    do ? He will find a way to do it, and if all else fails he will say you became combative then beat your ass. So maybe in Canada that's a good idea but here in the states I'd advise you not to inform officers of "their laws".

12. Interesting story : I was smoking a cigarette behind a pavillion at my local park (I'm of age), and had absolutely NOTHING illegal on me. So apparently some guy called the cops on me because he thought I was smoking marijuana, which I just got done doing at my house lol. So I was unaware of this so I continued to relax and puff away on my Newport, then a police car pulls up at the enterance. The officer gets out of his car, walks over to me, and I say "What's the problem officer?". He replies with "We have recieved an anonomyous call that you were smoking marijuana", and then asks me to put my hands against wall and allow him to search. I said no, and yet he continued to search. After he found nothing, I said to him, quote "It seems youve been breaking more laws than me". He called me a smart-ass and ate those words after I filed a mis-conduct on his stupid ass. :D

13. even if you are white and wealthy you should never trust them under any circumstances.

14. I had a similar situation happen to me when i was 18 years old...I was with my friends at the park and Cops came running out of the woods saying freeze stop right there....They then proceeded to ask me what the bulge was in my pocket so i said what bulge and the cop proceeded to throw me up against my friends Jeep and illegally search me.

At the time i did not know my rights but i knew it seemed wrong so i got a lawyer with the help of my parents and got let off completely with no probation or anything....this was all because the cops illegally searched me and i got a good lawyer.

Years later i got picked up a few more times for small amounts and if i would have known then what i know now i probably could have avoided at least 1 of those arrests.

Every word out of a cops mouth is a lie..keep that in mind at all times...and never fall into their games of answering their questions or letting them threaten you with Jail...they only reason they do this is because they don't have enough on you yet.

Stay safe out there Blades

PUFFER

15. Your totally lying.

My logic:

You said the cop pulled you over indicating that he had a reason to pull you over.
    (Be it, expired tags, speeding, tail lights, w/e)

So, apparently this cop pulls you over for no reason, and smells weed in your car?
    Your so full of shit, you just humiliated yourself man.

Why even lie?