Thinking of quitting or cutting back

Discussion in 'General' started by BlowJay, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Well I have been smoking for a while now (just less than two years) and I told my doctor today that I have been smoking cannabis. He is one of the leading physicians in Vancouver and has never given me a bad piece of advice. So he tells me that prolonged use of marijuana can have some heavy side effects on the way your brain works and on your health in general. He isn't opposed to the idea of marijuana but he recommended that I quit use of it, or at least go down from my daily gram or so. Now I have done research on the subject of Cannabis, and THC and all that jazz but it seems obvious that some of that research is incomplete or partly faked or just complete bullshit. I trust my doctor very much and started thinking that maybe all I have heard from my friends and internet tokers (you guys) over the years is just complete crap.

Can anyone provide me with hard evidence on the matter of THCs effect on the brain, or just information about marijuana in general. I don't want your personal opinions, I want the opinions of well-respected doctors whom I can look into and see just how reliable and qualified these people are.

Please change my mind, I don't want to quit.