Thinking of putting on the gloves for money

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Goopus, May 8, 2011.

1. And sorry for the double post but I just gotta let you know u cant just say ok he won I'm done...if ur getting beat up expect to get stitches/knocked out. After you catch one good punch from a trained fighter ur gonna think in ur head..."holy fuck I'm fucked".

2. I've fought a 135 pounder and a 205 pounder.

3. It's clear that OP thinks he can do it...so all I have to say is pleassssseeeee put ur fight vids on youtube lmao.

4. Lmao I don't care to put the fight videos on Youtube. Do you think I care if I'm fucking bleeding all over the place and shit? I'm fucking crazy.

5. so have you been training or not lol

6. I've been doing some standup training. Not much on the ground. I'm confident there.

7. how long/how many hours a week and why are you confident with your grappling?

8. Not too long, man. I'm confident with my grappling because it's the only area where I feel like I could completely and dominantly finish someone.

9. Right, but what you have to understand is you are likely going to be placed against people who have been training for years and they are there to get wins under there belt so that they can fight professionally. Amateur MMA doesn't mean a bunch of people who have never stepped into a gym in a ring beating each other up, it means real life trained fighters who just haven't been in it long enough to become a pro, not to mention that people who fight at 145 lbs sometimes cut weight from 20 lbs heavier, in other words, you would get wrecked worse than you probably ever have even thought was possible.

/facepalm

10. Haha some of the people in here make me laugh. You're telling me things I already know. I just highly doubt that the amateur fighters at a fair tournament will have anything amazing to offer.

11. haha dude I know a couple amateur fighters... If you are 105 lbs with barely any training you are going to get the living shit kicked out of you.

But if your confident then by all means go for it lol.

12. #32 Jdahms, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    um the amateur fighters in my gym train for 2 hours twice a day every day of the week at least + what ever cardio/strength/training they do on their own time.

do you even train in a gym?

this isnt the early days of MMA where its just tough guys who think they can fight.

13. I'm not claiming that I can fight these guys. I just want to try. I'm not being a tough guy and pretending I'm a fighter. I just want to see if I am one. What if I come out and submit every dude, wham bam?

That's a shame that you're not banned quite yet.

14. there isn't a point to fighting if you aren't going to record it.
    that's like professional athletes not watching game-tapes or not sending in a video of people puking into a beerstein and chugging it to Smoking Gun haha

15. I am sorry man but someone with no experience in the ring and whom is attempting to enter a tournament through learning themselves will get their asses handed to them first round. You anticipate on gaining roughly 50% of your body mass and competing with individuals who have been training for an extended period of time. 105 really!?!... I mean really now that is insane.

16. #36 Jdahms, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    what the fuck? dude im just trying to keep you from hurting yourself. if you didnt notice i wished you good luck in what ever you do in my first post. fuck it though man go get yourself knocked out.

if you want to see if youre a fighter get in a gym for 6 months and see if you can be dedicated enough to not skip any classes.

so do you train at all right now or not. what gym are you at? i find it weird that you wont answer that

17. I don't train at all, at least not formally at a GYM or something. I don't have the money to. I didn't want to say it because I didn't want to encourage more people doubting me and making fun of me. I've had people doubting me and making fun of me all my life. I wanted to do something that was just me versus another person, and maybe I could have a little fun.

18. join a gym. they are not that expensive.

19. Haha if your on grasscity asking for advice about fighting in an mma tourney thennn ur a dbag.and I sayyyy Go for it! show em theyre wrong because youve been picked on and doubted and ur a super human weighing in at a whopping 100 pounds with asskicking mutant picked on power! It takes more than desire it takes dedication!

20. There are a few situations where desire is more useful than dedication. Believe me. Some people just don't see that. I'll admit I'm completely unsurprised that you guys are being dicks about it. Everyone on the Internet is in shape and could kick my ass of course :rolleyes: :p I've never been challenged to a fight in person since I was old enough to swing back, just saying...

I'm not even certainly going into the tournament. If I can get on my feet and get a good meal every day even, get enough money for that even, maybe I can join a gym and shit.