Thinking of moving out..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by violating, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Well it all started one day I came home from work, I got stuck with the closing shift so I ended up getting home late. Once I get home my parents were waiting for me in their room, I go inside not expecting anything and I was confronted by my dad about if I ever used an addictive substance. I told him the plain out truth and I was like, no man, (and I dont, I dont drink or smoke ciggs or anything else) Then he pulls out my shoebox, takes my o that I bought, puts it on my bed, including my grinder, pipe, papers, the whole 9 yards. In my head im like well.. holy fking shit dude im screwed..
    But I calmly and respectfully tell them that I indeed was smoking cannabis.
    (this is where everything started to go downhill)
    my mom started hyperventilating and eventually had a plain out panic attack.

(worth nothing im the "good kid" in the family, always have been an A student, has goals, and first person in my family to attend college.)

at this point im like wow.. really, that is totally unnecessary. Well, then my dad starts giving me this long lecture about how i've dissappointed him and never in these 18 years would he had thought that I would do something like this..

I try to explain to him the truths and the facts about cannabis, but they weren't having it.

My mom proceeds to tell me how its a gateway drug, and how my uncle started buying weed and now he injects himself with heroine.. (theres always those few that mess with hard drugs that mess it up for the rest of us)

well, anyway, they made me promise not to smoke again and I was gonna be under their "disciplinary rules" for a while.. (this was a few weeks ago)

During these past few weeks, I can't even step out of my own house without being harassed, and no not question, literally screams in my face about what the fk I was doing out, I could go outside for a bit to jog and they would go nuts..

Im at a point that I cant take it anymore, im doing nothing wrong to deserve all of this, Im 18 years old currently a student in college, and I have an amazing job (I work for a very popular fashion designer) Im making great money that would more than suffice me to support myself.

I guess it has to do with my parents very religious Christian views on everything and their old Dominican upbringing, but they are making my life a living hell. ( I also tried to explain to them that Cannabis use was all over the bible but they called me a liar and shut me out, great way to treat your kid huh?)

I really just needed a place to vent, and I know it sounds like whining but, Im personally am a very patient and mature person for my age and I expect to be treated the same way as I treat others, not by being harassed every waking moment.

I also suffer from insomnia (as I type this at 2:30 in the morning wide awake) and when I do sleep, I only sleep for a few hours, cannabis is the only thing that actually helps me get a good full nights rest, and you dont understand how much that really helps my well being out. I dont get sick often, im a much happier person, so if this is doing nothing but good, how could it be so bad?

I did stay clean for about 3 weeks and then I started smoking again, not in my house though..

So im thinking of moving out , but I dont want to hurt my relationship with my parents, anyways you guys could help me out on to HOW to break this news to my close-minded parents?

2. Move out man. This will just show your parents that you can be responsible and use marijuana at the same time.

3. Ya definitely move out, you dont need to put up with that shit... your man brah, man up for sure.

(sorry re-read this and noticed it might have seemed like me calling you a pussy or something, ment it as motivational-ish)

4. If you have such a great job and you're keeping productive with the studies...then why are you still living with them?
    Not saying you should just "get out" but, yknow...it's kind of the point of adulthood isn't it?
    Get out there in the real world, live by your own rules.

5. I guess you guys are right, my brother did the same thing at my age 'cause the same thing happened to him,

I think it is time,

lol, its cool dude:smoke:

6. your a drug addict

7. ^STFU

Dude, move out and live a happy, high, responsible life.

8. you're *
    ;)
    go back to grade-school kid.

9. OP...move out.

Cut all ties for awhile, tell them you can't argue against lies and propaganda that they cherish more than listening to their own flesh and bloods truth, so you will just leave for good if needed for the sake of your own mental health. (who the fuck wants to listen to bitching and cult like rantings every time they come home....)

Good luck!

10. #10 flapjack1439, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    You don't want to hurt your relationship with your parents? Sounds like they're doing a good job of that without your help....

O and how long have you been smoking tell them how you've been smoking and still getting good grades and keeping your shit together or just tell then to learn about shit though their own research and not believe everything they hear

11. [quote name='"flapjack1439"']You don't want to hurt your relationship with your parents? Sounds like they're doing a good job of that without your help....[/quote]

This^^^ just say your going to get your life started and move out. If your over eighteen you should be gone anyhow.

12. #12 Jumbo, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    Weed is the farthest thing from a gateway drug IMO. Since smoking weed daily, i am afraid to even think about taking anything else. Shit would probably have me hooked and i know that and it scares me lol.

The drug scene is a gateway, Indeed, but has nothing to do with weed. Its just if your dealer happens to be holding other shit, which mine never did or will lol.

I think i would move out if i could at this point bro, get a nice little apartment, hopefully a place where the landlord is chill and doesnt care if your a stoner.... Just make sure you can afford to pay rent and live comfortably, otherwise i would save up and wait until you got a couple grand at hand.

I am really glad i will never be in that situation, as both my parents know i blaze daily and do not mind as long as i keep being a responsible adult about it.

Good luck OP :bongin:

Also try doing what they did to you, like a reverse sit down. Be waiting for them to come home, tell them exactly what you just told us, how much it helps you and how little it hurts you. This always seemed to work for me on certain things. You just need to show them. Be like i been smoking for years and if it wasnt for marijuana i might be a bum lol

13. Haha I'm in exactly the same position as you...only difference is I'm 25 years old. I would definitely move out if I were you, I have close-minded parents who think weed is worse than the devil. They've made my life miserable ever since they caught me smoking, even though I'm a perfectly responsible adult who went to a great school for undergrad and is going to a highly ranked masters program for engineering this fall. I'm planning to move out within the next couple weeks and you should do the same. You'll probably be financially constrained for a while, but it will help you mature and become street-smart when you live on your own. Believe me, the freedom will be well worth it!

14. Yeah they probably have a fairly strong case that it aids procrastination.

15. Wow.

Move out.
    Good luck, having your own place has its own benefits. ;)