Thinking of Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MaxSwag, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Well I was thinking of growing, and I was wondering whether or not to grow them outdoors or indoors, i have a friends's sister that she can help me grow it, but she grows hers outside in a pot, and what are the chances of getting caught by a heli or something? And from what I have researched it is less complicated and inexpensive to grow them outdoors, so I just need an opinion and the cons and such of indoors/outdoors. Any help would be apprecieated thanks everyone.

2. Indoors will create much less yield, but it will be of higher quality. An indoor grow even though it may seem to be under other peoples noses, can have a great chance of going undetected if you do it right. I don't know your area so I don't know how hard an outdoor grow would be to discover, but it is possible to find them. I tend to like growing indoors instead since you can be quiet about it and it may have a greater chances of going undetected since unknown people are generally not in your house.

3. yeah ill just grow it indoors cuz my neighbors sometimes go into my yard for the wirebox or watever its called, i just have to wait till my next paycheck now lol :p

4. Well its not really complicated at all growing inside and once you get into it youll probably find that you enjoy the act of growing it as much as smoking it.

Indoors you plants may yield less but you can grow a fair amount in doors and faster cycles. Where as outside you may not be able to grow many and it takes most of the year indoors you can have a harvest every 3 months.

Theres also alot of factors outside that you wont have control over. Insects, animals, unexpected people, police. They will also be at the mercy of the elements...say you have a drought no rain well your gonna have to provide the water etc etc.

5. There you go. Get a small tent and stuff it in your closet. Thats what I did. Get a filter so no one can smell it. I had my parents over to my house and they had no idea about the two plants that were in the 4th week of flower. :) My thinking is that everyone expects you to plant in the country where its bare and lonely. They don't exactly expect you to plant right under their nose which in this case is in your house or hidden in a closet. Its just safer because no one will know about it besides the people that you tell. Not to mention that you don't have to ever make a long trek into the woods or whatever to feed your plants. Just go to your closet where its just you and your plants. :)

6. and also what type of gear i need to grow it? sorry but im new to this and over time ill save a shitload of money, and maybe deal a little too since i got a friend that throws parties all the time

7. nvm about the gear im looking at the sigs in rhapsody, those look nice lol

8. Most of us on the forums tend to agree that the attitude seedbank is the best seed bank to order from. Just look them up on Google.

9. #10 MaxSwag, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  10. what carbon filter shud i get for a viagrow 2 by 2 by 4?

11. and does it help to use an ozone generator? and afterwards can u use that ozone generator to help air cure them sorry for all the questions i am completely new

12. ok rhapsody u seem to know alot about that stuff, whats something small, for like one plant maybe since i plan to get a plant that sprouts alot of bud lol :) and a cheap light for one plant and small enough tent to fit in my closet and the carbon filter and stoof. I just need a small setup and maybe wat soil and nutrients u like to use and the jars as well.

13. I have a Phresh Filter and it does a very good job. I can only recommend them since I know that HTG filters suck and I have not tried any other companies.

14. Another ques, wat type of soil fert and stuff shud I use, and autoflower vs photoperiod??

15. I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest for soil with a mixture of 5 parts soil to 1 part perlite. I buy the large 38 quart bag of soil which I think is about 10 gallons and just combine that with an 8 quart (2 gallon) bag of perlite. Fox Farm Trio is also a pretty common nutrient that a lot of people on the forums tend to use. I think its mostly organic with some synthetic salts or ferts added. It seems to work good and grows decent bud. I have only grown photo-period but autos will finish in 8 weeks or so from seed since they use a 18/6 or 20/4 light cycle from seed to finish.