Thinking of becoming a male nurse?

Discussion in 'General' started by cocouktoker, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Hi GC I've been pondering for the last few months about going to college then university to become a nurse so that I can try and move to Canada or the us after.
    Any thoughts or questions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Dunno what country you live in right now bro.

But you will get made fun of so much for being a male nurse in the U.S. or Canada.
    Also, there is a 50% chance you will turn gay because it is the opposite of a chick magnet (dunno what the right term is, too high)

3. It's a solid path to go down, as far as I'm aware. Nurses are in demand all over the globe, and male nurses are typically in short supply. Unless things have changed in the medical field recently, you certainly won't be out of a job.

4. Just let the other nurses know u r straight as fuck. Think about the ratios...so much potential.

5. I'm thinking of becoming a male stripper.....disguised as a nurse.

6. When you fall, it shall be written how against all odd, outnumbered, and outdressed in professional attire you emerged victorious. How one man might have fallen that day, but in his place an army rose. With me at the helm of the platoon, we shall accomplish many great acheivements, your dreams will have become...todays reality.

For this brave step...let me be...

...your legacy

FIN

7. Nurse is a good career, don't listen to smoke devil up there he's a dick ;)

Nurses and all medical careers are going to be in high demand in America, so yea absolutely you should.

8. there used to be a gay stigma in regards to being a male nurse, but its dwindled down because they are in demand, plus like it was mentioned so much chick potential in the work field.

9. #9 kush70, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
    there's nothing wrong with being a male  nurse - no matter what any assholes tell you

YES !!!!

really ? that is the dumbest comment i have seen in a while...50% chance...

sounds like a 100% chance you are an ignorant person

how sad for you

10. I heard that the demand for nurses is shrinking due to a rapid influx of people becoming nurses.  That's just what I heard.

huh - haven't heard that... the last i heard they are still in high demand

regardless its not a bad thing at all to become a male nurse

12. This may be true, however in the coming years nurses will be in high demand because the baby boomers are getting old, and someone has to change their diapers.

13. Don't let your gender have anything to do with your decision.  I spent my life as an RN and I'm a straight man.  There were a few ignorant fools making comments, especially in the early years, but in the overall scheme of things it didn't happen enough times to matter.  And working around ladies all day, every day had it's advantages.  I was in a staff meeting once and when I looked around the room I realized I'd bedded everyone (only six or seven) there.  Or they bedded me would probably be more accurate.  Being that popular was a real ego booster, but the biggest boost was that when someone asked what I did for a living, I had something to tell them I was proud of.  There was this one married lady I was banging whose husband thought since I was a male nurse and had an earring, I must be gay, so he didn't mind his women spending time with me.  What a knockout she was.  She had enough sexual appetite to share so me bopping her didn't run him short.  Rationalizing?

As far as nursing opportunities, well, you can live anywhere in the USA that you want to live, city or rural, and there are so many different fields in nursing you will find a place you enjoy.  The pay won't make you rich but you do get to drive a nice car and live in a nice house, and you will save enough to retire in comfort.

It would be good to know where you live now so that comparison could be made but I think you should go for it.  If you do, you will never regret it, and let nothing stand in the way of your goal.  Never give up and quit.  Never!  (Warning....keep your fingers out of the drug locker, that will fuck up your life)

14. It's usually nurses aids that change their diapers, but RNs do change their fair share at one point or another.  If that aspect bothers you there are other nursing jobs where you don't actually interact with body excretions.  You would be amazed at what you can get used to and it becomes not much different than changing a light bulb.

15. do it.  the only people who will give a shit will be insecure misogynists and homophobes.

16. Honestly man don't listen to what these people are saying, I know plenty of male nurses. They're all way ahead of all these people in life. You won't turn gay don't worry about that. The only thing you may have a problem with is school, my sister is a nurse and nursing school is one of the most difficult careers out there, but it's well worth it because you will be making BANK. Don't expect to go to college and party a whole lot, the whole time your there, your going to be putting all your time into school work. But keep at it man, if that's what you wanna do, don't let anyone stop you! Hope this helps

17. i know a great deal of nurses.
    RN's to be more specific.

being a nurse isnt the career for you if you like pot...
    they dont play with that shit.
    fire you for failing a UA.

on the other hand, if you really enjoy unmentionables, then its the career for you...
    they are actually really relaxed on these offenses.
    you test positive, they pay for you to get help.
    then you are surrounded by said unmentionables again upon returning to work.

kinda fucked up if you ask me.

but if you enjoy helping people then it might be the career for you.
    they make relatively good money.
    its a hard job and 12 hour shifts.
    sometimes you dont have time to take breaks or lunches...

18. wow a great deal of ignorance here, im a male nurse and women dont see me any lower or less attractive, in fact ive gotten way more since being a nurse....go for it man my $85,000 pay a year otta help motivate you, good job security and rewarding, school is hard tho

19. 1 become nurse
    2 become nurse practitioner, cop dat masters
    3 laugh to the bank HAHA HAHA HAHA

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app