Thinking of An Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by FuglyFungus, Feb 6, 2008.

1. I was thinking of doing an outdoor grow this year. The only problem is that for me to be safe Im going to have to grow in the woods around my house. What is the best method for growing in the woods? I was think setting up a pot and then "burying" the pot so that im not just growing in dirt. Would doing this work?

2. ...yes

3. If you're going to grow out in the wilds, I'd suggest putting your seedlings directly into the ground without a pot. The roots will be free to find their own moisture and you will not have to worry about watering as much as you would if the roots were contained...the plants will be much happier for it and grow a whole lot bigger in the same amount of time.

Dig a 2X2X2 hole, mix 2 parts compost or potting soil with the dirt you got from the hole, add a little fertilizer of your choice and refill the hole with your souped up dirt and stick a seedling in the middle.

Your biggest worry will be the woodland creatures who appear to love pot as much as I do.

4. hi, i am planing to grow in a high humidity place, north east of the andean mountain chain. 1000 meter above the ocean with 3.15 mm of water yearly. i have a land for about 100 plants.
    what tips are about growing in that climate?
    how besides transplating the palnt of about 4 to 5 inches ???

best regrads

ivanm

5. would you start them in pots?

6. My preference would be to sprout and grow seedlings to put out. IMO that would provide the best chance for the plant to thrive rather than sow and forget right out in the woods.

7. Man, you have some crazy circadian rhythm down there. Sunrise is around 11:00 a.m. and sunset is 11:00 p.m. With the low rainfall, you will need irrigation. Try to plan the flowering stage during the lower humidity months. In my case, I flower from Oct. to Dec. and again from Dec. to Feb. The plants I grow through the summer, flower from June to October and don't produce the fat buds I get during the fall and winter. My summer grow is primarily to provide the clones for my fall and winter gardens.