Thinking of adding a couple lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Herbus123, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Hey ladies and gents,
    Have a quick question, I am currently using a 400w hps and a 6 tube t5 (half 3500k half 6500k) cocked at an angle hitting one side of my girls. With the hps sittin directly overhead. Currently flowering only use the t5 for veg

Now should I buy a couple 150w cfls to hit the other side of them (sorry posting from phone no pics. Light setup looks kinda like this /- lol sorry bad diagram but i hope you get the jist)

Would adding some cfl's be worth it? Thanks for any help you may be able to give

2. your money would be better spent on a 600 to get more penetration on your light. The 600's really make a difference.

3. Thanks for the reply. Getting a 600w is a little out of my budget at the moment. Plus im not sure if i want any added heat, was thinkin 4 40w cfl's or the one or two 150's.

Something cheap to get some added light to the two not gettin hit by the t5's

4. Adding more light is almost always a good idea. By "150w CFL" do you mean 42 actual watt CFLs that are marketed as "equivalent" to 150 watts? Completely ignore the equivalent watts, that is a marketing gimmick and has absolutely nothing to do with growing parameters.

Your other alternative is to simply rotate your pots every couple of days so that you aren't always lighting the same side.