Thinking about the Marines!

Discussion in 'General' started by JEI3US, Oct 5, 2011.

1. As some of you may know I am 19 and have been job hunting for 2 years now with very little success. Im tired of wasting time and my parents are getting pissed that i havent been able to find a job. Any Marines out there got any advice? Do you love it or hate it? I was thinking about getting the job where you fix firearms and maybe do something in the air field if I test high enough and of course if I test a really shitty score Ill just settle for infantry.

2. don't join the military :( . well if you do, don't join the branches that demoralize you.

3. I'm joinin next year can't wait iuno man talk 2 a recruiter and see how it goes is the first step. They can explain and answer ?s way better than most of us can

4. Why would you be a dispensable pawn in the military industrial complex?

5. Don't be stupid.

6. Fix'd that for you...

7. Good for you man, and when you join I will send you a thank you pm :>

I was suppose to join but I have that curve of the spine and they will not allow me in.

8. Enjoy being shit on by the government. I know too many good kids who got suckered into the military like you. Don't do it if you enjoy being treated like a human being and don't like being treated like trash and getting shit on by the government. If you like being shot at, receiving little pay, and getting involved in our nations pointless wars then the marines are just for you.

9. A few of my boys are marines. They get nice perks, but they still are undecided on what they want to do with their life. They go overseas, fight, come back, realize nothing in their life changed, and they go back. Do it if you want, but don't think it's going to be a fix all to your problems.

10. Don't listen to em man. Do it, what else are you gonna do? You've been looking for 2 years

11. do whatever man. it's honestly up to you.

12. I hope you don't mind the option of being forced to kill another human being with no prior knowledge of that individuals life, family, intentions, or desires. I don't think I'd personally be able to handle that kind of overwhelming and crushing guilt. Enjoy civilian life while you can, because the next time you get any free time after boot camp, well, you might not enjoy the small things in life the way you do (and likely take for granted) right now.

I respect the troops, don't get me wrong, I just strongly disagree with the overzealous (and some could argue imperialistic) persona's responsible for our military actions.

13. Coast guard.

/thread

14. so the people that dont want to do it, dont have to. be grateful.

15. boarder patrol or coast guard if you must.

16. Yeah that's right you don't have to do it. The fuck, be grateful of what?

17. I served 6 years in the Marines. If you like working long days like a dog, like cleaning, and getting yelled at...then go for it. I loved every minute of my time served up until my 3rd tour in Iraq and that's when I said, "enough is enough." The upside of being a Marine is you will get respect everywhere you go. It's easier to find jobs once you get out and 90% of the time when you get pulled over by a cop they say, "have a nice day/night" without even running your shit through the system.

Go see a recruiter if you are serious, but don't believe a single word they say. They are all full of shit and have a monthly quota to fullfill so they will tell you everything and anything to convince you to get you in. And before you waist your time, make sure you have a clean record and a clean bill of health with no major injuries that has happened to you in your lifetime. The Marines especially go through ALL of your medical records.

And if you do decide to join, tell your recuiter you want to be shipped to boot camp when 3rd battalion picks up new recruits ( if you live on east coast and go to Parris island ). :wave:

Any specific questions, just PM me.

18. If your thinking about the military than your not thinking.

19. #19 full melt, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    Shiiiiiiiiiit, that's some good reasoning. Can't find a job? May as well go find your purpose dodging bullets in some shithole or receiving a skinectomy from Dr. IED.

Go apply at McDonalds. It's slightly less demoralizing than being apart of the military and the women are hotter.

20. My parents dont like the idea either but they would be proud that I'd chose to serve. I would be the first in my family to do this. Believe me guys I have smoked a ton of weed and had a ton of thoughts about the idea and I too question the war but the military can be beneficial to some. I'm still thinking about USMC and I have many years to decide but Im still weighing my options.