thinking about taking one way ticket....

Discussion in 'General' started by HelloFriend, Jul 30, 2012.

1. and going to somewhere where there is warm 24 / 7... like in spain somewhere.... there I would find a small pub, would ask the manager there to spare 5-10 minutes to have a talk with me, introduce myself, tell my story.... and would work there for food and for a place to stay, I think I wouldnt even care about the money that much, because the atmosphere and life in general would be great, perhaps? I mean, I could live and work somewhere where there is always beautiful surroundings, beach, and warm weather.....
    Im just tired of my struggling life over here, I am most of the times depressed... I just feel like I dont have the strength or motivation to do anything, (should be looking for a job, or study) and today I have been feeling that I just wanna fall asleep and never wake up again... about to start to drink whiskey..... dont know what my parents would think though... probably that I am messed up or something like this.... (im 21 though)

2. Have you seen Spain's unemployment rate? Pick somewhere else, South America preferably.

3. Yeah like brazil, cause I mean it's just perfect there.

Go to Germany, they aren't warm 24/7 but they have the best economy ATM. And did you think you probably will have to learn a second language?

4. the reason why I want a warm country is because I might have to be homeless there, because I dont have any money whatsoever, its not like I just wanna move to another country and live there..... thats why I was thinking to take one way ticket to some spain country , perhaps Ibiza or Tenerife or I dont know.....

5. i'm 21 and in the exact same boat as you. I'm a senior in college and life is coming way to fast. I've been thinking about the future all the time and all the challenges it possesses. I have about 5 completely different ideas for my future and no idea what direction to go. i'm often depressed and stressed about it but not always.

My advise is that you probably need a change but make it a smaller one. don't do something so extreme that you can change it. for sure graduate and finish up your school before you do anything real big. Change something small though.

a break from smoking and drinking might be good for you also. sounds like the worst the but clear your mind and do productive stuff for a bit. you'll feel better.

6. I've had the same thoughts, don't worry. you're not the only one.

finish school and think of small changes that will make your life better. imagine doing something extreme like risking everything you have and moving to a place where no one can help you or support you. it probably wouldn't end up all nice and happy like in the movies. you could be sitting in an alley thinking "why did i ever do this and give up everything in America???"

...plus have you ever traveled internationally? it is NOTHING like america. talk about a culture shock. don't do it.

little changes that will improve you're quality of life.

7. Well I havent smoked for some days and I wont be getting any weed anytime soon, so yeah....

8. thank you for your good response.

9. I tried to do the same thing when I was feeling like shit , except just still in the states. I left everything I had except some cash and a big dufflebag and flew 2100 miles away. Got a shitty apartment and a shit temp job and ended up stuck there because I was broke and my family was still pissed at me so no help from them. finally after a year and a half I finally made it back, and I'm still working on fixing shit I screwed up 4 years ago. Point of my story is It's not worth it. You could end up living the shittiest life ever just because you got a little down. Find stuff to do, go out and meet new people, learn some new skills, something.

10. thats a good story . :) thx for your advice.

11. good luck with that. only way i would go off somewhere is if i knew i had a job waiting.

if the economy didnt suck it would be easy to just pack your shit and go but unfortunately this day and age isnt the time.

12. Just trying to help man, what I went through sucked. Can't afford to buy any decent food, no money to go out and meet people or have fun. No vehicle to get you anywhere. All my money went to rent, taxies, shit food and bills. Not fun lol

13. see if whats his face has room in Paraguay, he all ready said any blades that want to come out there and help him out were welcome to, the thread is around here somewhere!

Just Do It!:cool:

oh and why no herb:(

14. no herb because well hmm.... I only have like 15 or 20 euros have to keep it for food. have to live until saturday until my parents will come back , and by the way a gram of mids costs here 20 euros, stupid eh ?

15. #15 smokintoke, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    how much would that be equal to in dollars?

and yes food is of more importance then the herb +rep for keeping your priorities straight:cool:

edit- didn't see the whiskey part, a stiff drink or 2 is good every now and again when your having an off day but for the love of god don't use it to deal with all your problems... gl on all your future endeavors blade! itll work out:wave:

16. [quote name='"smokintoke"']how much would that be equal to in dollars?

and yes food is of more importance then the herb +rep for keeping your priorities straight:cool:

edit- didn't see the whiskey part, a stiff drink or 2 is good every now and again when your having an off day but for the love of god don't use it to deal with all your problems... gl on all your future endeavors blade! itll work out:wave:[/quote]

That's like 20-25 American

17. Jesus 20 g for mids, holy fucking shit and i feel like i got fucked over everytime i pay 20 a g for dank...

fuck that dude:cool:

18. that is what 99% of us live with every day...

If changing locations, helps, why not do it as you still have the same problems but the new location at least gives you HOPE of a better future.
    HOPE can go a long way towards a better life. ;)

Good luck OP.:wave:

19. [quote name='"cball"']

that is what 99% of us live with every day...

If changing locations, helps, why not do it as you still have the same problems but the new location at least gives you HOPE of a better future.
    HOPE can go a long way towards a better life. ;)

Good luck OP.:wave:[/quote]

Sorry I didn't clarify that I was behind on rent and bills because I was spending all my money to eat twice a day and go to work and put whatever I had left towards all my way past due bills from before I actually found employment, that took a few months. I can't really get Into anymore details because of site rules. I'm just lending a helping hand.

20. too epic. only do this when EVERYTHING goes to shit. like, everything.every little fucking thing that could go wrong to where you dont care if you live or die. cuz you might die lol.sleeping outside in spain?dude you need money. like they said, this is not the movies unfortunately.dont leave everything you got behind because oppurtunities come once in a lifetime and also...yeah idk man do what the fuck you do , because i feel like doin the same thing as you :D